Need help choosing headphones that cost less than $100 for electronic music (such as House) and don't require an amp.
Oct 7, 2013 at 5:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ChaseC499

New Head-Fier
I don't really care about build quality or isolation, because I will only use these headphones at home with my computer. However, comfort and excellent sound would be nice. I would prefer them to be on-ear (unless you have over-ear headphones that could fit on a small head like mine). What are your recommendations?

Note: If you cannot read the rest of the thread title, I will not be using an amp with these headphones.

Oct 8, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #2 of 5
JVC HA-S500 are a great value for an under $100 headphone. They have excellent bass emphasis. Easy to drive with any portable device to very loud volumes.

Oct 8, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #4 of 5
  Sony mdr-V6 is well under $100 and the sound is still very nice for a general all purposes.  

I used the MDR-V6 for awhile, but I prefer the JVC HA-S500 as it folds up a little smaller and is a little easier to carry (also did not like the MDR-V6's coiled cable).

Oct 8, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #5 of 5
The JVC does look nice and a lot more compact than the Sony.  I admit the coiled cable can be annoying at times, but it is so tangle free that I don't really mind it at all. Especially if you have a lot of cables on your desk, then you will want something that won't tangle with other cables. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back