need help choosing between hd555 and mdr-v500
Aug 20, 2005 at 4:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

spookz

Head-Fier
well as topic i really really really need help choosing between these two headphones... i have the mdr-v500 right now but i want to upgrade based on comfort and performance of the headphones. the mdr-v500s i have now put alot of pressure on my head after like 3hours of useage and wont let my ear "breath" and often gets sweaty.. can someone tell me if hd555 would be a good trade off to get or should i just keep my sony mdr-v500s?

Aug 20, 2005 at 4:31 AM Post #2 of 5
on pure sound, I have little to no doubt that the 555 would best the v500. Why? Cause it's the v500. Pertty much all the sony v*00 phones are universally dubbed as bad. And the senn 5** series has an actual following.

That said, if the 555 has the same vice grip as the other senns, it maybe a problem for a few days. (the headband needs time to loosen up and fit your head, or maybe your cranium gets tougher I dunno)

Aug 20, 2005 at 7:52 AM Post #3 of 5
Well, the HD555 is open so your ears should not get as sweaty. I have a large head, and I have never felt that the HD555 has a vice grip. The HD650 on the other hand, when I tried it out, it felt like my head was in a vice.

Aug 20, 2005 at 7:59 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookz
well as topic i really really really need help choosing between these two headphones... i have the mdr-v500 right now but i want to upgrade based on comfort and performance of the headphones. the mdr-v500s i have now put alot of pressure on my head after like 3hours of useage and wont let my ear "breath" and often gets sweaty.. can someone tell me if hd555 would be a good trade off to get or should i just keep my sony mdr-v500s?

Any headphone listed on these forums (minus Bose) would be better than the V* series headphones. I've had the V700, and even the Portapros are better..

.. except when it's amped with a GS-1.. then the V700 is a bit better. :p.

Aug 20, 2005 at 12:41 PM Post #5 of 5
Of course the Senns would be an upgrade over the V500s since those Sonys suck mightily. Big time. Unless, of course, if you're used to stuffing cotton in your ears everytime you want to listen to music. You're in for a very pleasant surprise once you put the HD555s on, they're very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back