Need help choosing an in-ear headphone with over ear fixation (sports model like) and great bass
Jan 31, 2012 at 8:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

tntteam

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm trying to find a good quality in ear headphone with a thing that sticks over ears.

I don't want to make sports with it at all, but I'm really annoyed when I'm outside walking with my earphones to hear the wire touching my clothes and making noise inside my music.

So I want something like philips shs8000 or sennheiser omx 680 (but in ear style).

I don't need any extra options like remote because I'm using a bluetooth jack 3.5 connector with music and volume control.

I don't need something that is extreme sports resistant as I will only walk with them.

All I want is good sound quality, good bass and no noise from the wire.

For reference, I have at home a sennheiser hd 212 pro (very old earphones) that makes, to me, a perfect sound very clear with perfect bass. (I know they are not perfect, but it is to give you a sample of kind of sound I like).

Searching on the net I found "soundmagic eh10" what do you think? Semi-in ear makes me wonder about bass quality...

Thanks for any ideas and help.

Jan 31, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #2 of 12
Personally I would recommend the Shure se215's (if you're willing to pay a $100). The fit on this things are EXCELLENT! The first portion of the wire is memory wire and it's supposed to fit over your ear, and the iem is shaped so that it snuggly fits in your ear, it offers great bass and good clarity, and there is virtually no microphonics (the noise the cable makes when it rubs against your cloths.). And they are extremely durable, as the cable is coated with Kevlar, and is replaceable in case it does break. 
http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SE215-K-Sound-Monitor-Black/dp/B004PNZFZ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328061487&sr=8-1

I HIGHLY recommend them!

Feb 1, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #3 of 12
Hello and thank you for your answer.

I already had Shure in the past and I remmember not being impressed by bass at all.

Also the cable over the ear could be a solution yeah, but I think I'd prefer a plastic thing.

But still a good suggestion, thanks!

edit : The model I had of shure was Shure - JSH SE210-N
edit2 : The model your writing about, se215 seems to have a lot of unsatisfied users about the durability of the cables. Many says that it stopped working after a few hours O_O

Feb 1, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #4 of 12
As for the bass, these have a lot more bass than their previous ones. Look up a review, this is partly because this is their first headphone with dynamic drivers.

Feb 1, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #6 of 12
Yes I own them. Personally I have had no trouble with the cord and the connection and I have had them for about 4 months.

Feb 5, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #8 of 12
It sounds like you're looking for an ear hook style headphone with in-ear canal earbuds.

I'd take a look at the new Polk Audio UltraFit models.  Here's one: http://www.workoutheadphones.org/polk-audio-ultrafit-3000-headphones-review/

I don't own these, but I've heard good things.

Apr 13, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #9 of 12
Are you still looking?  Even if not, others might find some useful tips through this thread:

The first thing I'd recommend is not to get in-ear phones.  You plan on using yours only for walking, but even under moderate activity, bone induction becomes a massive problem with every step.  People jogging get it even worse.

The other thing is, what is your price range?  It's easier to give advice with some additional parameters...

If bone induction isn't a concern and you're still open to the in-ear format, the MEelectronics M6 is recognized by head-fiers as a very stay-put and nice-sounding option, about $20 on Amazon (even for the headset version with mic).  Or you can get the Monster iSport for $130, although this is suited to more vigorous exercise than the type you're talking about doing.
If you've come to reconsider the in-ear format, you'll want an earbud-style headphone - which is good for being aware of your surroundings out of doors BUT bad for blocking out noise when you're indoors.  The Creative Aurvana Air is a popular choice, with a high emphasis on sound quality (though less so on bass, but it should satisfy you with what I remember from the HD212s), currently $100 and very comfortable.  If you have strong ears capable of supporting the weight, and want the super high-end option, the Sennheiser 980 series includes some of the best earbuds you can get right now but are quite spendy.

Without further details about your requirements, I'd recommend the Creative Aurvana Airs - very pleasant in sound and comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back