Need Help Choosing a Quality, Good looking, Active Noise Cancelling Pair of Headphones.
Oct 9, 2013 at 3:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

hd800op

New Head-Fier
First off, let me say that I am by no means an idiot, or a mindless consumer, I just know what I want and have money to burn.

Secondly, I would like to state that I have, in fact, tried many Sennheiser, AKG, Beyerdynamic, and AT headphones in my search for the golden headphone.

Thirdly, I own, and enjoy a pair of Beats Solo HD, I do enjoy bass slanted sound, and they were a gift of sentimental value, and I would appreciate it if I wasn't picked on as I have been in other audiophile forums.

Ok, so I am looking for a good pair of noise cancelling, good looking, comfortable and quality pair of headphones between the price of $200 - $300 dollars. My options are, that I have identified, the Fanny Wang series, possibly the 3000, the new 2013 Beats Studio (which Beats officially states are a move towards being a respected audio engineering company,) and the Monster Inspiration, which has received decent review on here.

Please only speak from experience, particularly of the new Beats Studio, rather than the old model, and feel free to suggest any NC headphone of any brand EXCEPT BOSE. 

Which wins in:

Looks? (Your opinion)

Comfort?

Overall audio quality? My tastes include Electronic, Hip Hop, and Alternative music, but I do have a love for Jazz, and Classical from time to time.

Durability?

Value?

Features?

Battery Life?

I might be willing to accept non active noise cancelling but it better be VERY good at blocking noise passively.

Thanks, in advance,
HD800op

Oct 16, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #2 of 6
Come on people I really would like some help. Don't be shy to speak your mind. I might even consider the Sennheiser Momentum if the NC is good enough. Flat headphones will be considered as well but they have to be WARM I can't deal with tinny or overly forward headphones. I'll be using a Fio E11 to drive probably, if I don't get active headphones.

Nov 2, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #5 of 6
I think UE6000 or UE9000 perfectly fits your specs man. Great looks. Super comfortable. Active noise cancellation. I've had the ue6000 but they were too uneven and bassy for me but Tyll from Innerfidelty somehow praised the sound so what do I know.

Since you bring up beats I would try the Monster Npulse. Those have a really really fun bass response and decent clarity, but I've only tried them out for a short while at Walmart. 

Nov 3, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #6 of 6
Yeah I just wish they had something that was in the 300$ range, cause I tried the ue 6000s and they were nice but not enough of an upgrade, and the 9000s are 100$ away from the amount I want to spend, loved them though, would like to see them go on sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back