Need help choosing a pair of inexpensive IEMs
Sep 15, 2014 at 12:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

RoI11kir

New Head-Fier
Hello guys,
Recently the pair of earphones i got with my Moto G broke and I am in search for a new pair of IEMs.
Before this date I never ventured into buying earphones so, as you may guess i am pretty much a noob regarding the different terms regarding the audio department.
Recently I discovered head-fi.org after the accident and read up on some IEMs that fit within my budget and the problem is that the more i research the more i get confused. (My budget is 15$ btw)
With my recent research i basically ended up with the following IEMs-
1-Sennheiser CX180 Street II
2-Creative EP600
3-Soundmagic ES18
4-Creative EP630
5-Philips SHE3590BK

My mostly preferred genres of music are Pop, Hip-Hop, EDM, Dance with a bit of Rock, Rap, House thrown in.

I don't generally  listen to songs at high volume, low to middle volume is what I prefer.
I never had any audio equipments besides the earphones that you come with phones.
I like hearing moderate bass and good clarity of vocals.
And lastly Durability is a big factor of me. Good noise isolation is not necessary.
S

Sep 16, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #3 of 5
extremely low budget. whatever you buy at that price, will be similar to each other.. i've used sony ex50lp and philips she7000 for example, they were pretty much the same. creative and sennheiser models also similar to each other. if you choose creative-sennheiser models, you will get higher volume and slightly more powerful bass while sony-philips will deliver you more of a deep bass feeling. considering you don't care about max volume level, it's hard to recommend one.

i say you try to get something from koss, ruk30 will be better of all but there is cheaper il100 model around too. unfortunately i haven't got a chance to use it yet. there is also a model named plug (the plug) it will be better than ruk30 and probably il100 too but i used the more advanced version of plug (kdx100). it might require extreme equalizer settings to sound natural. it can give you a lot of headache if you or your sound device don't like equalizer's much.

alternatively you can look soundmagic etc. chinese things but i didn't tried any model yet at that price point. that's all i'm able to say. good luck.

Sep 17, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #4 of 5
  extremely low budget. whatever you buy at that price, will be similar to each other.. i've used sony ex50lp and philips she7000 for example, they were pretty much the same. creative and sennheiser models also similar to each other. if you choose creative-sennheiser models, you will get higher volume and slightly more powerful bass while sony-philips will deliver you more of a deep bass feeling. considering you don't care about max volume level, it's hard to recommend one.

i say you try to get something from koss, ruk30 will be better of all but there is cheaper il100 model around too. unfortunately i haven't got a chance to use it yet. there is also a model named plug (the plug) it will be better than ruk30 and probably il100 too but i used the more advanced version of plug (kdx100). it might require extreme equalizer settings to sound natural. it can give you a lot of headache if you or your sound device don't like equalizer's much.

alternatively you can look soundmagic etc. chinese things but i didn't tried any model yet at that price point. that's all i'm able to say. good luck.

Well, as i can see koss and plug products aren't available in my country and importing them costs a bunch too.

And how durable are the IEMs listed above?

Sep 17, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #5 of 5
i'm trying not to comment on durability of earphones. i don't use them for long after all. i only care for sound. but as i know they pretty much the same in build quality. comes with light plastic cases and thin cables etc. it is hard to determine which is more durable. i personally prefer koss again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back