Need help choosing a pair of earphones with in-line mic for Android (Nexus 4) < 150$
Dec 26, 2013 at 9:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Decapitare

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm looking for a pair of earphones with in-line mic that I can use on the move in conjunction with my Nexus 4 and Cowon J3. These earphones would complement the ATH-M50 that I've been using for the past few years.

Music I listen to: rock, pop, big band jazz and orchestral
I want them to be travel-friendly (enough isolation for the bus/train/metro/plane) and reasonably durable.

Based on some reviews, I've identified these choices* :
- MEElectronics A161p
- Audiofly AF56
- Steelseries Flux in-ear
- JVC FRD80
- Klipsch S4A - II

What should I buy?
*I'm open to other suggestions as well.

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #2 of 3
If you like a V shaped sound signature, check out the Tpeos H-100J. It's a hybrid (dynamic+BA driver) IEMs with android controls. What's your budget?

Dec 27, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #3 of 3
It seems to be an interesting choice, but there's no resellers for it in my home country, Canada.
I started with a budget of 150$ in mind (as stated in the title), but I could stretch it to 200$ if I fall upon a great pair with interesting features as a replaceable cable.
I didn't have the chance to listen to a diverse set of headphones/earphones, thus I can't firmly say that I prefer a V-shaped signature, but it seems to fit my needs quite well if I take into account the level of satisfaction I get from my ATH-M50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back