Need help choosing a DAC/AMP for PS3 & PC
Sep 24, 2013 at 2:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Interlopr

New Head-Fier
Hi all!

So I'm currently after a DAC/AMP to use with my PC & PS3

My PC and PS3 Run off the same monitor But I'd like to use a single DAC/AMP for my headphones to connect to.

What should I be looking at? Budget is around $200?

Essentially, I guess i'd be after one that supports optical in and usb. (Optical for PS3 & USB for PC)

Would something like the Audioengine D1 suit my needs or is there something better out there in my price range.

Sep 24, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #2 of 11
Maverick Tube Magic D1 is right around your budget range. Has a dial that lets you switch between inputs.

What kind of headphones do you have?

Sep 24, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #3 of 11
Maverick Tube Magic D1 is right around your budget range. Has a dial that lets you switch between inputs.

What kind of headphones do you have?

I'm currently just using ad700s but plan to upgrade as I find they lack to much bass for my liking, I'm still undecided on a few, but they definitely won't be over 300 ohms, if you have any suggestions on a set of nice cans for an immersive gaming experience then feel free to say so :), I'll be sure to check out that amp/dac aswell

Sep 24, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #8 of 11
I don't know. But the Aune T1 is a popular dac/amp. Good guess that is a good product
smily_headphones1.gif

Hmm Okay, Only reason I'm asking is I've settled for a pair of cans, The Fischer Audio FA-011's and The site I'm buying them off also has that DAC/AMP.

Tube Magic, I'd have to order from overseas

Sep 24, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #9 of 11
Hmm Okay, Only reason I'm asking is I've settled for a pair of cans, The Fischer Audio FA-011's and The site I'm buying them off also has that DAC/AMP.

Tube Magic, I'd have to order from overseas

Google "aune x1 head-fi" (that's how I find thread on head-fi about products). There seems to be some discussion. Seems good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back