Need help buying IEM/DAP combo ~$200
Jul 20, 2013 at 6:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SkydreamS

New Head-Fier
I listen to music a lot. Lately I find that it drains my phone battery, so I'm thinking of buying a DAP. I'm thinking of buying IEM as well, since I've been using earphone buds which comes with my phone, and it kinda sucks compared to my friend's IEM.
I want to spend at most $200, but I'm confused with some options:

1. buy a cheap DAP (sansa clip+/zip) ~$55 and spend the rest for IEM (maybe Shure SE215)

2. buy ~$100 DAP (haven't found any that interests me) and spend the rest for IEM (Im thinking of Klipsch Image S4)

3. buy ~$150 DAP( haven't found either) and spend the rest for IEM ( Vsonic GR02 or GR06, depending on the DAP)

4. Spend all to DAP (cowon J3 or Fiio X3, maybe) then use my earphone from phone.

I listen to all kinds of music~
thanks

Jul 20, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #2 of 4
I say you go for (1), get a sansa and then spend around 100~130 bucks on IEMs, then the rest on external flash card (16GB something) and maybe aftermarket tips.

feel free to consider JVC HA-FXT90, HIFIMAN RE-400, and Yamaha EPH-100 as well

Jul 20, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #3 of 4
Hello!

Indeed! Listening to music using a phone is draining wayyyyyyy too much battery even with iPad!

Anyway, my suggestion is spend the least on DAP and more on IEM/headphone. It looks like you are looking for something bassy. The SE215 is not a bad choice and as for DAP, I would suggest you the iNano 6th (the watch thingy) if you can find it at that price range or maybe a iShuffle just to make it as potable as possible. If not, my friend have a very nice Sansa Zen which I pretty like it. She it for around $10 only...

Hope this helps!
Billson :)

Jul 20, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #4 of 4
Sansa Clip+, Fiio E11 and HiFiMAN RE-400 makes a very nice combo under $200. If you have say $10 left over, spend it on a memory card. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back