Need help buying headphones
Oct 19, 2002 at 11:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

thegreat682

New Head-Fier
Greetings All!

I recently purchased a Nomad Jukebox 3 and was considering buying some better sounding headphones then the generic ones that I already have. My price range is about $100 (US) and below, maybe stretching a little... so what would be recommeded? The majority of the mp3s that I have on the NJB3 are encoded at 192kb. I listen mostly to alternative, rock, ska, and punk.

Thanx in Advance!!

- The Great 682

Oct 19, 2002 at 11:25 PM Post #2 of 5
Welcome to Head-Fi, thegreat682!
smily_headphones1.gif

What type of 'phones are you looking for? Buds, full-size, open, closed?

Oct 19, 2002 at 11:32 PM Post #3 of 5
I'm thinking more towards closed phones. However, if someone can convince me to go with something else for quality purposes...

I would be using the headphones mostly in a car/bus environment if that helps

Oct 20, 2002 at 12:20 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by thegreat682
I'm thinking more towards closed phones. However, if someone can convince me to go with something else for quality purposes...

I would be using the headphones mostly in a car/bus environment if that helps

I would recommend you take a listen to the Sony MDR-V6. Excellent bass response, smooth if somewhat analytical mids and highs. Easily driven by a portable, but will improve with an amp. Foldable and virtually indestructible. If you don't mind wearing full-sized headphones in public, these may be just what you're looking for.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 20, 2002 at 11:40 AM Post #5 of 5
I think Joelongwood has hit the MacDEF on the head.

very_evil_smiley.gif

Over here in the UK, we can only get the same phone which has gold plated plugs and cost nearly 3 times as much in $ (The MDR-7506, which I am assured IS the same phone) - but they still get a reasonable rep. So $70 approx for the V6 must be a storming deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back