Need help buying DJ style headphones that won't disturb other people
Mar 14, 2006 at 4:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SoundWave

New Head-Fier
I need advice on headphones,I have about $120 bucks to spend for Dj style headphones that won't bother other people(leakage/isolated whatever the term) they also have to sound good when listening to bands like Metallica, ACDC, Ramstein..etc

any suggestions?

Mar 14, 2006 at 4:46 AM Post #3 of 6
Stanton Pro DJ-3000 are right in your price range. I have them and the are pretty good for the price.

Mar 14, 2006 at 5:49 AM Post #5 of 6
You could try to find a pair of Ultrasone HFi-550. They are my personal cans of choice right now, they sound awesome. Have amazing bass, its goes very very deep and has tons of impact but still remains very controlled, and they handle highs very well. They are closed and wont leak or let anything in when listening even at slightly higher volume levels, they are also very easily driven from even my Creative Zen Touch.

They retail for more than your price, but they generally go for about $80USD if you can find a pair used.

Mar 14, 2006 at 5:56 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundWave
Sorry, I mean $120 CDN....just a bit out of my price range.

Yeah I got mine for 119 at TomLeeMusic In Vancouver. They are better than the 550 IMHO. I tried them last week they sounded kinda hollow to me. Stanton also has a pair that look the same but are cheaper. I dont know how they sound though. Oh and I can paly them past comternle listening levels outa my old Zen Micro
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back