Need help buying a comfortable circumaural headphone
Nov 29, 2013 at 10:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Hyura

New Head-Fier
Hi guys! I'm deeply sorry to create a topic as my first action here =/
I've been reading the forum for at least 3 months now, trying to create courage to buy my first pair of good headphones.
As I said in the title, I'm looking for a comfortable circumaural headphone, with a budget of £130 (I've been raising this value for quite a while, haha).
This a concern because I'll use them with glasses (my Panasonic RP-HTX7 is terrible to use with glasses on).
Today I tried the Shure SRH 840 (£30 over my budget) and the KRK KNS 8400. The first one is too heavy and big, but I like the KRK, although I didn't feel in love with it.
Not sure if it helps, but I usually listen to punk/alternative rock, indie and some electronic music. I would also use them to watch movies :x
I'll use them with my laptop, Optimus G and Sansa Clip Zip.
Thanks a lot! :D

edit
Sony MDR-1R was the headphone that made me start looking for one. I'll probably buy them :)

Nov 29, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #2 of 4
No need to be sorry: I give you credit for wanting to get decent sound and for posting in the right forum.

Unfortunately, I can't help with this question as I'm unfamiliar with UE6000 and I just ordered KNS8400 myself this afternoon. I like SRH840, but you're absolutely right about its being heavy. If you liked the sound, you can mod the headband to make it lighter and softer.

Today's a busy day, so if no one responds by mid-morning tomorrow, definitely bump this. Also add to the original post what you'll be using as your source or amp.

All the best.

Nov 30, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the reply, Claritas!

I like the SRH 840 sound, but I also liked the sound of the KNS. My girlfriend also tried and the first thing she said was that the bass was weak.I actually didn't really notice it, there are a lot of things for me to learn soundwise ;p

About modding it, I don't I could. My skills aren't that good and I'm living in university halls :p

I'll wait to see if anyone else has something to say :D

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back