Need help buying $50 portable headphones for EDM/Techno/Dubstep
Dec 18, 2013 at 10:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Fluxeration

New Head-Fier
Hello, I would like to buy some headphones for Christmas. They have to be around $50-60 CAD. I take a lot of road trips so I would like it to cancel some noise. I want to take them to school so I want them to be portable and maybe look cool. My favourite genres are EDM (think Zedd), Techno (think S3RL) and Dubstep (Monstercat in general). If it is possible, I would like them for gaming so I want them for FPS games and for hearing friends talk clearly. I have been eyeing the Razer Kraken but I was wondering if there are anything better.

So to recap, to sound good with EDM, Dubstep and Techno, good for travelling, noice cancelling (some), maybe looking cool and maybe for chatting and gaming.

Sorry for any mistakes, I'm on a tablet and I hate touchscreens.

Dec 19, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #3 of 9
You should consider:
Takstar HD5500 or Takstar HD6000 (If you want emphasized bass)
Gemini HSR-1000 (same as Takstar Pro 80) (If you prefer a more neutral presentation of sound)

You can read and ask about Takstar and Gemini headphones here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/585356/the-takstar-technical-pro-gemini-greathon-thread

Best Luck!

Dec 19, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #4 of 9
  You should consider:
Takstar HD5500 or Takstar HD6000 (If you want emphasized bass)
Gemini HSR-1000 (same as Takstar Pro 80) (If you prefer a more neutral presentation of sound)

You can read and ask about Takstar and Gemini headphones here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/585356/the-takstar-technical-pro-gemini-greathon-thread

Best Luck!

Hmm, I have never heard of these brands. Are they any good and where can I buy them in Canada? Any more suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Dec 19, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #5 of 9

Are they any good and where can I buy them in Canada?

Yes, of course. Great value for the money! You can buy them directly from Ebay, or (best you can do) ask where to buy Takstar headphones here:

Best Luck!

Dec 19, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #6 of 9
  Hello, I would like to buy some headphones for Christmas. They have to be around $50-60 CAD. I take a lot of road trips so I would like it to cancel some noise. I want to take them to school so I want them to be portable and maybe look cool. My favourite genres are EDM (think Zedd), Techno (think S3RL) and Dubstep (Monstercat in general). If it is possible, I would like them for gaming so I want them for FPS games and for hearing friends talk clearly. I have been eyeing the Razer Kraken but I was wondering if there are anything better.

So to recap, to sound good with EDM, Dubstep and Techno, good for travelling, noice cancelling (some), maybe looking cool and maybe for chatting and gaming.

Sorry for any mistakes, I'm on a tablet and I hate touchscreens.

If you can stretch your budget up to $100, you can get an amazing value for the UE6000 (retail price $200 - closed, over-ear, portable, foldable , noise-cancelling, mic-on-cord for chatting/gaming, stylish sexy white). I don't think you can find any other headphones in this price range with all those features. Very highly rated sound quality esp. for that price.

I have never heard of the takstar brand ever... lol.

omg... please do not buy razer headphones & expect anything resembling good sound quality out of them. lol. gaming headsets are not made w/ sound quality in mind.

Dec 20, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #7 of 9
  I have never heard of the takstar brand ever... lol.

You should try them! It is interesting how close you can get in terms of sound and built quality to Beyerdynamic DT880 with less than 70 dollars in your pocket (Takstar HI-2050)
(Law of diminishing returns applies here for sure)

This is a funny picture:

Best Luck!

Dec 20, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #8 of 9
  You should try them! It is interesting how close you can get in terms of sound and built quality to Beyerdynamic DT880 with less than 70 dollars in your pocket (Takstar HI-2050)
(Law of diminishing returns applies here for sure)

This is a funny picture:

Best Luck!

Weell, seeing how much you want me to get the Takstar headphones, I'm going to buy the HD5500. And I'd rather not raise my budget to 100, if I could, I would totally get them.
I don't wnt to take the chance with eBay, I'd rather buy it from an official storw. (by official, I mean sites like Newegg and Amazon)

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #9 of 9
You won't go wrong with the Takstar HD5500s... very comfortable and sub bass for days. The good Chinese brands put the ish you find at similar prices at Best Buy and the like to shame. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back