need help biasing the melos
Feb 29, 2008 at 4:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

puppets

New Head-Fier
I really need some help here. I just got telefunken pcc88 to replace sovtek 6922 and need instructions for biasing. I found some info from another thread about the voltages to look for - about 60v for 6dj8s and 75-80v for 6922/7308.
So how do I go about changing the voltages? What voltage is best for the pcc88? Do I remove the tubes first? And then take Vdc measurements from pin1-to-ground and pin6-to-ground (counterclockwise from notch) and repeat for the other socket.

My melos sha-1 I think is the older model - only have 2 inputs, have the blue pcb and blue pots are on the upper right corner of the pcb. I read somewhere the bias pots are next to the socket
confused.gif
I didn't find those screws on mine.

Mar 1, 2008 at 5:48 AM Post #2 of 3
No more lovin' for melos?

I tried measuring from the said pins, but I'm not getting the kind of voltages mentioned. I'm reading only 0.5 volt at most. So I'm doing something wrong obviously. (It's not the multimeter, I checked it). Any help would be great.

Mar 1, 2008 at 6:06 AM Post #3 of 3
the melos (i assume you mean SHA-whatever) is self biasing. drop the tubes in, fire up the beast, and enjoy the tunes. thats it.

the only adjustment that can be made inside most melos amps is for DC offset correction. unless you need to replace something there, dont adjust it.

there is also an adjustment in the SHA-gold/maestro for b+ voltage. i would not worry about it. the sha-1 does not have this because the b+ regulators are designed differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back