Need Help! Best PCDP w/ features
Apr 23, 2003 at 2:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

pumpkin77

100+ Head-Fier
I need to know what the best PDCP is:

with an FM tuner,

with a good line out,

with a good headphone out

with a nice remote if no LCD on the player.

I a testing on an iriver 350 and need to compare it to something else. Thanks for anyone's help.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 23, 2003 at 9:43 AM Post #3 of 7
i have the iriver 350 and i like it.

i have my line out hooked up to a supermini amp and some koss headphones. they sound awesome =)

the fm tuner is decent

the line out requires amplification or the sound that comes out of it (ie hooking up headphones directly) comes out distorted

the headphone out isnt bad. but id rather use my supermini amp and the line out cause it sounds 10x better at least.

the lcd is kinda small on the iriver... i wish it were bigger, but its still usefull.. plus you can play snakebite on it =)
biggrin.gif

overall i think this is the best for your money cause it has an awesome amount of features, and it looks cool =)
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 23, 2003 at 2:17 PM Post #4 of 7
I have an iRiver 350 also and I love it. Another one you might want to check out is the Panasonic CT-800. A friend of mine has it, and it's got a load of features...not sure about an FM Tuner but I know its got a full remote ID Tags, plus the battery life on it is very good as well...

Apr 23, 2003 at 6:34 PM Post #5 of 7
Yeah, I have a week left until I have to return it or keep it. the iriver 350. I know they are coming out with newer vesion, plus that cool iriver HD player. i like the iriver as well and am waiting on a supermini amp, so it is good to hear that they will improve the sound. I am using a pair of ety er-6s

I am going to sony store today in NYC and will check all of their offering. Thanks for everyone's input so far.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 23, 2003 at 10:32 PM Post #7 of 7
They don't know a lick about THEIR OWN STUFF. I would much rather do my research here!

Sony is like the Nike of Electronics. They are so BIG that they could can less about the little people and customer service. They have taken a big hit in my book. Well I will take a close look at the Apple Ipods for windows, but the iriver looks like a good bet as of now.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back