Need help arranging new Setup (Amps, DAC, DAP)
Feb 10, 2016 at 7:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

JuanseAmador

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, I'm having a really bad headache choosing my next setup as I jump from the HD25-1 to the Fostex TH-X00 to be my new main cans after wanting the HE-400 for a long time and stalling my upgrade. And I won't even have them with me until May more or less, since Massdrop is delivering them by then.

Current setup is: iPod Classic > Fiio E6 > HD25-1
Imagined setup was: iBasso DX80 > Amp (in this case the Magni 2) > TH-X00

*However, since the Fostex are easy to drive and the DX80 is pretty powerful and could drive them well, it could be reduced to just Dx80 and TH-X00

But I need a new setup to listen to my records since my receiver is failing, has way too much signal noise because it isn't that good, and takes too much space in my tiny room. I planned to get an O2, but I think I'm leaning towards the Magni 2 (I can't choose between regular or uber). So my plan was this:

LP120 (turntable) > Magni 2 (RCA) > TH-X00

The thing is, that if I buy the DX80 I don't have a way to listen to my records and it would be useless for 3 months since the Senns don't need that much power. That's my dilemma. Help is really appreciated. I'm going to Los Angeles on Saturday, so I have to make up my mind.

Cheers,

Feb 11, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #3 of 5
I would definitely recommend the Magni 2 in general. The difference between the normal and Uber version is a negligible amount of power and speaker pre-amp outputs. If you don't use speakers, you don't need the Uber, as the TH-X00 does not need the extra power.

Feb 11, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #4 of 5
I would definitely recommend the Magni 2 in general. The difference between the normal and Uber version is a negligible amount of power and speaker pre-amp outputs. If you don't use speakers, you don't need the Uber, as the TH-X00 does not need the extra power.

I planned to get speakers later this year so I was thinking of buying the Uber so I don't have to sell the regular and buy again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back