Need help and information about buying the DT 700 pro 250ohm
Jul 7, 2013 at 4:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Kilroy

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm thinking about buying the dt 770 pro 250ohm headphones hearing they are great for studio use and such. I will be getting them for at home everyday use for movies music and such and I don't know if they would be good for these things. I am coming from the  sennheiser pc 330's  and I need to be assured that I won't be disappointed with these headphones. I am thinking about pairing them with the fiio e6 amp because i'm on a tight budget and it is able to support 300ohms and was wondering if that is a bad idea and if they would sound better with something like the fiio e10 because I do like heavy bass. Also I am wondering, would they be completely horrible for gaming for things like cs go and such? Would I be able to hear people from far away, behind me, up, down, and such tight spots like the pc 330 can? Thank you for your help 
dt880smile.png

Jul 7, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:
Hi, I'm thinking about buying the dt 770 pro 250ohm headphones hearing they are great for studio use and such. I will be getting them for at home everyday use for movies music and such and I don't know if they would be good for these things. I am coming from the  sennheiser pc 330's  and I need to be assured that I won't be disappointed with these headphones. I am thinking about pairing them with the fiio e6 amp because i'm on a tight budget and it is able to support 300ohms and was wondering if that is a bad idea and if they would sound better with something like the fiio e10 because I do like heavy bass. Also I am wondering, would they be completely horrible for gaming for things like cs go and such? Would I be able to hear people from far away, behind me, up, down, and such tight spots like the pc 330 can? Thank you for your help 
dt880smile.png

The DT770s are decent all around headphones (movies, music, gaming), but would invest in a more powerful amp. then the E6 for them.
For a what I guess(?) is a good headphone, for the price, check out the brand new Takstar HD6000.
I'm still trying to find reviews in it.

Jul 7, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #3 of 9
dt880smile.png

They are great for gaming too. While the soundstage is not a "big" as open headphones like the Senny 360, you do get used to it. And you are in a quieter "space" since the beyers are closed. Keep in mind, the (to me) worlds greatest btw) headset Beyers MMX 300 is basically a 770 with a boom.

The choice of 250 is good, 600 is only a really small increase in detail posiibly, but harder to drive. Both Ohm choices and the 770 in general is a much better headphone than the 330. Much more high end treble detail.

Edit: And a LOT more bass. So much that for gaming competively youd need to EQ it out a bit so you don't blow your eardrums out after repeated snipering from your camper spot. :p

Jul 8, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #4 of 9
Thanks for the help! Can you please give me like almost a comparison of the 770 with the beyerdynamic custom one pro? I don't know too much about the custom one's. Are they more detailed and such? Have better bass? Better for gaming?

[size=1.33em]  [/size]

Jul 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #5 of 9
Audio Technica ATH-A900X closed headphones
They are only 38-Ohm, so will not need as much amping as the DT770 Pro 250-Ohm
A900Xs sound quality is a step above the DT770s.
Digbuy sells the A900Xs for $200

Jul 8, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
Would you take the custom one pro's over the dt 770's? Which do you think sound more detailed and better bass? Sorry i decided to stick with beyerdynamic...

As the Beyerdynamic COPs (Custom Pro One) are only 16-Ohm, they seem to be designed for working with portable audio players (or smartphones) and portable headphone amplifiers, like the Fiio E6.
So you really would not want to plug them directly into a PC, would really have to use the E6 between the COPs and the PC, all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back