Need help - $800 budget
Dec 28, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #31 of 38
I simply find it unintuitive to keep switching headphones based on what I am currently doing. It becomes too much of a hassle after a while. I prefer having one good pair of headphones that can take care of everything. It seems that the AD-700, while good for competitive play, simply lacks many desirable qualities present in other models such as the DT880's and the DT990's. I want a complete package.

Dec 28, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #33 of 38

Quote:
I simply find it unintuitive to keep switching headphones based on what I am currently doing. It becomes too much of a hassle after a while. I prefer having one good pair of headphones that can take care of everything. It seems that the AD-700, while good for competitive play, simply lacks many desirable qualities present in other models such as the DT880's and the DT990's. I want a complete package.

I would guess that you would get 250-Ohm headphones ( DT880 or DT990).
DT Pro's clamps a little more around the ears for a better seal, more bass.
The DT Premium's have a slightly less clamping, little more comfortable, and maybe a little more separation in bass, mid, highs.
DT880 more balanced, DT990 more V shaped sound.

Dec 28, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #34 of 38
Anyone else want to provide some insight? DT880 or DT990 for competitive FPS gaming? I'm basically determined to get a pair of Beyerdynamics, never owned one before, so I'm quite curious.

Dec 30, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #38 of 38
Quote:
Is it possible to tweak a pair of headphones like the DT990's and essentially remove some of its bass or treble in case I find it too much via my sound card? Thanks.

You could use equalization, or just buy the DT880 instead, which is essentially a semi-open DT990 that is equalized for less treble and bass. But from $800, you could even get both with money left for a reasonable source, and return whichever one you do not like if necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back