Need Heaphone Amp
May 14, 2007 at 10:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Egosh

New Head-Fier
Right im a complete newbie when it comes to audio hi-fi so bare with me here..

anyway what i need is an amplifier in the £30-50 ($60-100 roughly) region that ill be connecting to my soundcard on my pc. Also i want to connect my speakers and my headphones to it as well both of which use 3.5mm connectors..if possible id like to also control the volume on both the speakers and headphones especially the headphones as there is no way to turn em down (mute them) when i go to bed at nights although this isnt really essential..

i found one when i was looking around google although i dont know if its good or not:
http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/s...roduct_id/8528

i know im on a very tight budget especially after looking around and seeing amps for nearly £1k but any help would be greatly appreciated
smily_headphones1.gif

May 14, 2007 at 8:22 PM Post #2 of 11
Have a look at the used market. You probably need to add a few more pounds to get your money's worth.
I haven't heard of any headphone amp worth even talking about at that sort of price range, if you can call such a thing an amplifier.
Another choice worth pursuing is a better soundcard fitted with everything you need. EMU 0404 USB is great choice for little money.

May 14, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #3 of 11
well having read the forums and doing a bit of research ive kinda dropped the idea of getting a desktop amp and have decided to get a portable amp instead which ill be happy with..however one thing ive noticed whichever amp i go to search for on google doesnt come up with any retailers to buy them from...so my question is where the hell do you guys buy your amps from
blink.gif
? out of 10-15 amps ive googled ive managed to find 4-5...

that being said whats the best portable amp i can get for my money? (£30-50)

May 14, 2007 at 9:58 PM Post #4 of 11
People told me to have a look at the Go-Vibe 5 or 6...in that $ range.

May 14, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #5 of 11
what about the C&C Box+ and the Minibox D...from the 20 headphone amp review the other C&C amps didnt really do too good so im a bit sceptical about this one although im not sure how well Minibox D is...

So out of these 3

Go Vibe
C&C Box+
Minibox D

which one is the one to go for or is there any other ones in the same price region i should know of?

May 15, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #7 of 11
I got a GoVibe 6 a couple of weeks ago! It's awesome! I use mine with Grado SR225s and Sony MDXR90's.... Blows my cmoy away!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 15, 2007 at 5:37 PM Post #11 of 11
currently ive got a creative x fi which is a pretty good soundcard for the money..

and i had a look at that thread and ive tried searching for the prices of those amps on google to see which ones are in my budget to narrow it down a bit more but unfortunatly i couldnt find more than half of them
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back