Need Headphones On the Ear (like beats Solo HD), Stylish and for a small circular head
Jan 27, 2014 at 2:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

johny

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I've seen the Beats Solo HD, Bowers & Wilkins P5, & Sennheiser HD 25 ALUMINUM.
I need to see other options before deciding, so what are other options for me?

Jan 27, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #3 of 9
If you are looking for a fashion accessory, head-fi is probably the wrong place to be.

Way to scare him off (XD), Jecklin's are hardly the best thing to show a fashion conscious person. You should take a look at V-MODA, they have some really nice stylish headphones (Not sure about the fit for someone who doesn't have a vertically shaped football for a head, but they work fine enough for someone that does); I'm not sure about the HD25 Aluminum, but they're pretty well regarded here (it seems, don't quote me).

Jan 27, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #4 of 9
If you are looking for a fashion accessory, head-fi is probably the wrong place to be.

Excuse me sir, but this head is even better than mine shapewiseWithHeadphones.

I need good looking ones with good immersion, I listen to dubstep mostly, Arabic, Alt., etc...

I am shape conscious more fashion conscious, which is regular. I prefer to wear fitting jeans than very rap-style large jeans.

Jan 27, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #6 of 9
popcorn.gif

@ OP, have you looked at V moda M 80 and M 100?

Jan 27, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #7 of 9
Well, the cups (M 100) are bigger than the iphone, wow, that would seal my face in cups. lol
Thank you for the input :)

And they are rugged, I prefer something minimalistic than futuristic, classic is great (but just if it goes with my face shape/size)

Jan 27, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #8 of 9
  Hi,

I've seen the Beats Solo HD, Bowers & Wilkins P5, & Sennheiser HD 25 ALUMINUM.
I need to see other options before deciding, so what are other options for me?

Consider:
B&W P5
KEF M500
Sennheiser Momentum On Ear
HD 25 Aluminum
ES FC300
V-Moda M80

The the KEF and FC300 are definitely my top recommendations.  The Momentum On ear and M80 are after.

Jan 27, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #9 of 9
lol - everyone is so serious... head-fi is supposed to be fun!

I wear $13 jeans from Costco, but I use $300 headphones... :p

It sounds to me like you want the Beats on-ears, so you might as well buy what you really want.

You could also look at on-ears like:

- Sennheiser Amperior
- AKG Q460
- Beyerdynamic DT1350 (I haven't heard these)

My primary advice is to stop being worried about what you look like or what other people think you look like. A head-fier doesn't look at themselves in the mirror while wearing headphones. Do what you want, and to heck with what other people think. Be unique, and be confident enough in yourself to be different. Those other guys buy Beats or Solo because that's what is expected of them - they are afraid of being different. They have no idea whether they sound sound good or not - that just isn't important to them and wasn't part of their buying decision. If you buy Beats or Solo because you like the way they sound - great! No one should fault you for that. However, if you buy Beats or Solo because everyone else does or because the people you see on TV do, then that's just sad - and IMHO it's not rock & roll, and also not head-fi!

See what using words like "stylish" in the thread title does to me?? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back