Need headphones for producing and enjoyable dance / electro music
Mar 20, 2015 at 7:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Aviv

Head-Fier
Hey,
I am looking for over ear headphones for producing music, but as well for enjoyable dance / electro music.

Here are few points that I would like to mention:

1. My budget is up to $75 (300 NIS), maybe $100.
2. I'm not sure if im basshead or not, because I have never owned good bassy headphones for regular use, only the Sennheiser HD201.
3. Over ear is preferably, but on ear will be fine too i guess.
4. No open headphones - only closed or semi opens ones (Preferably closed).
5. Looking is preferably too, although not a must (was going to buy the HD668B which are very ugly, till I heard they are not so good for dance music, is that so?)
6. The headphones must be comfortable.
7. I don't plan to do any modding.
8. Note that enjoyable dance / electro music is more important for me than producing, if there aren't headphones that can be both of them.
9. My only equipment is the Xonar DGX soundcard.
10. I don't want to buy from eBay or sites like that, I will buy only something that is available in my country. (If you want to check out what available here, you can check out in that site: http://www.zap.co.il/ the product and for what price it is sold. Note that this site doesn't have all the shops, maybe like %60 of them, so if you don't see the headphones you want to recommand there, tell me them anyways and I will search)

So, I am currently debating between 4 headphones, I would really like to hear your opinion on which headphone is the best for my propuses:

Superlux HD668B (300 NIS = $75) - Not sure if it fits dance music, but heard its good for producing.
Superlux HD662F (270 NIS = $67) - same ^^^ 
Audio-Technica ATH-M20X (300 NIS = $75) - Haven't really heard much of them, but saw a video comparing it with the Takstar pro-80, seems good choice too, idk...
Takstar PRO-80 (450 NIS = $115) - I heard they are really good - but they cost 450 NIS here, IDK if they worth the price while on eBay they cost 200 NIS ($50)... 

Thanks!

Mar 20, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #2 of 16
Anyone?
I have looked out at the Takstar Pro-80 and there are really good reviews about them. Are they better from all the headphones that I listed above? Also, do they really worth $115 (in my country)?

I looked at many pages in that thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/585356/the-takstar-technical-pro-gemini-greathon-cyberx-qpad-thread/420 And I haven't found anyone who said something about that kind of music that I hear (dance, electro). Can anyone tell me if they do good with that music?

Thanks.

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #3 of 16
  I am looking for over ear headphones for producing music, but as well for enjoyable dance / electro music.
Here are few points that I would like to mention:
1. My budget is up to $75 (300 NIS), maybe $100.
2. I'm not sure if im basshead or not, because I have never owned good bassy headphones for regular use, only the Sennheiser HD201.
3. Over ear is preferably, but on ear will be fine too i guess.
4. No open headphones - only closed or semi opens ones (Preferably closed).
5. Looking is preferably too, although not a must (was going to buy the HD668B which are very ugly, till I heard they are not so good for dance music, is that so?)
6. The headphones must be comfortable.
7. I don't plan to do any modding.
8. Note that enjoyable dance / electro music is more important for me than producing, if there aren't headphones that can be both of them.
9. My only equipment is the Xonar DGX soundcard.
10. I don't want to buy from eBay or sites like that, I will buy only something that is available in my country. (If you want to check out what available here, you can check out in that site: http://www.zap.co.il/ the product and for what price it is sold. Note that this site doesn't have all the shops, maybe like %60 of them, so if you don't see the headphones you want to recommand there, tell me them anyways and I will search)
So, I am currently debating between 4 headphones, I would really like to hear your opinion on which headphone is the best for my propuses:
Superlux HD668B (300 NIS) - Not sure if it fits dance music, but heard its good for producing.
Superlux HD662F (270 NIS) - same ^^^ 
Audio-Technica ATH-M20X (300 NIS) - Haven't really heard much of them, but saw a video comparing it with the Takstar pro-80, seems good choice too, idk...
Takstar PRO-80 (450 NIS) - I heard they are really good - but haven't found any info about how are they with dance music, can anyone tell me? They cost 450 NIS here, IDK if they worth the price while on eBay they cost 200 NIS... ($50 =
200 NIS)

I have the Gemini HSR-1000, which is the relabeled Takstar Pro 80s
Usually the Gemini is cheaper then the Takstar.
Any chance the Gemini is sold in your area?
Any chance you could mail order from Asia?

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #4 of 16
I have the Gemini HSR-1000, which is the relabeled Takstar Pro 80s
Usually the Gemini is cheaper then the Takstar.
Any chance the Gemini is sold in your area?
Any chance you could mail order from Asia?
The Gemini is not available in my country. I can mail the Takstar from eBay, but I don't want to. I have ordered the Superlux Evos from there 2 months ago, got them broken and only today I got a refund (plus I paid return shipping). I don't want to take the chance of it happening again..

Mar 21, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #7 of 16
  Are the Kingston HyperX Cloud or QPAD QH-90 headsets available in your country? They are the Takstar Pro 80 rebranded with attached mics.

Yes, the HyperX are available in my country, which one of them: Kingston HyperX Cloud Gaming or 7.1 Kingston HyperX USB Cloud II Gaming?
The first headphones are sold for 350 NIS (which is reasonable, nearly the price of the Takstar 80 on ebay) and the second are 450 NIS 

Mar 21, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #9 of 16
As far as I know, the HyperX Cloud II comes with an additional soundcard to provide surround sound. Looking at your purposes, I think the Hyper X 1 would probably be suffice.
Ok, but are they the exact (!) same headphones with the same quality? Or just headphones which are just similar to the Pro 80?
Is there any difference in the sound quality between the HyperX and the Pro 80? I really don't want to be disappointed

Mar 21, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #10 of 16
Ok, but are they the exact (!) same headphones with the same quality? Or just headphones which are just similar to the Pro 80?
Is there any difference in the sound quality between the HyperX and the Pro 80? I really don't want to be disappointed

HyperX Cloud and Takstar Pro 80 are to the best of my knowledge are the same headphone (except for the mic).

Mar 21, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #11 of 16
Ok thank you for your opinion!

Any more opinions about these 2 headphones - maybe anyone who experienced with both, can tell if are they the same headphones with the same sound quality?

Mar 21, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #12 of 16
  Ok thank you for your opinion!
Any more opinions about these 2 headphones - maybe anyone who experienced with both, can tell if are they the same headphones with the same sound quality?

I would just assume it's cheaper for the headphone manufacturer to make the exact same headphone and just paint different brand and model names on them.
But as I'm not ready to order all the different models (Takstar, HyperX, etc) and open them all up to compare the drivers, I can just make my best guess.

Mar 21, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #13 of 16

I would just assume it's cheaper for the headphone manufacturer to make the exact same headphone and just paint different brand and model names on them.
But as I'm not ready to order all the different models (Takstar, HyperX, etc) and open them all up to compare the drivers, I can just make my best guess.

Oh wait, are the HyperX Cloud produced by Takstar company itself but only for another name?

Mar 21, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #14 of 16
  Oh wait, are the HyperX Cloud produced by Takstar company itself but only for another name?

As the headphone first appeared as the Takstar brand, Takstar became the default name for that model.

The company is called Guangdong Takstar Electronic Co., Ltd.
Looks like they have their own manufacturing plant.
http://www.takstar.com/en/profile/3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back