Need headphones for gaming
Apr 23, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #16 of 18
I know the a700x's are popular, @PurpleAngel likes them IIRC? And yeah, the M40X's are probably too closed in.

Apr 23, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #17 of 18
  I suppose these drivers wouldn't work for the onboard audio of my Maximus VII Formula, would they? The onboard sound card is on the same level as the Xonar DX (or so it's supposed to be) and it's got a TI amp (don't remember the model) and a Cirrus Logic CS4398 DAC. And it doesn't sound good. My Galaxy S3, albeit modded, sounds quite a lot better with the same headphones. I think there is something wrong and that this isn't the way it's supposed to sound, but I'm disappointed nontheless.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I'm trying to figure out what's wrong. If I can't, I'll open my own thread. :)

The Unified Xonar Drivers are mostly for the C-Media CMI8788 audio processor, which is used an the Xonar DS, DSX, DX, D1, STX, ST sound cards (and a few non Asus sound cards).
Chances are your motherboard uses the Realtek ALC1150 audio processor, the Unified Xonar Drivers would not work with Realtek.

The CS4398 DAC chip used on your Asus motherboard is also used on the Xonar DX & D1 and the Sound Blaster Z & Zx, which really have nothing to do with sound card software/drivers.

Apr 24, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #18 of 18

The Unified Xonar Drivers are mostly for the C-Media CMI8788 audio processor, which is used an the Xonar DS, DSX, DX, D1, STX, ST sound cards (and a few non Asus sound cards).
Chances are your motherboard uses the Realtek ALC1150 audio processor, the Unified Xonar Drivers would not work with Realtek.

The CS4398 DAC chip used on your Asus motherboard is also used on the Xonar DX & D1 and the Sound Blaster Z & Zx, which really have nothing to do with sound card software/drivers.

Yup, it's a ALC1150 AP. Still, asking was worth a shot. Thanks man. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back