Need Headphones for Digital Piano
Jul 12, 2011 at 4:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Deviatorz

New Head-Fier
I've recently purchased a new digital piano. It's the Yamaha P155. The internal speakers that came with the piano are just plain crappy with 12w each speaker. Therefore I am looking for headphones to replace their job.

I've been reading some old posts and there are a few recommendations which are these:

AKG:
HD 600
HD 600
K501

However, these are all out of my price range and/or discontinued. I am look for headphones that are $100 give or take. I've looked online and apparently these headphones are on sale and this specific one. I'm not too sure if those are the standard stereo phone (1/4″  jack plugs) which is what I need. Do you guys recommend any of those? I am only a beginners piano player but sound quality is important to me. Since my DP is somewhat the lower end one, good head phones may not be called for. I can tell you that my DP uses real samples off a grand piano so quality is on the "better" side compared to all the lower end DP's.

Thanks in advanced!

Edit: I live in a house so I don't have neighbors to bother me about noise. This means I can use an AMP, but I don't know if that's recommended.

Jul 12, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #2 of 4
What is your budget?
Is the headphone out clean or is an amplifier needed? (Crappy headphone outs taint the signal, it is terrible.)
How do you prefer to hear the presentation of the music? (Preferences for low end, vocals, mids, highs, warm, analytical etcetera...)
Can you/have you auditioned some headphones already?

Jul 12, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #3 of 4
Sony MDR-V6

great for studio work.

Great comfort for a long time wear

$60

trusted by music producers around the world

Balanced sound so you know what you are hearing is right

Users who are viewing this thread

Back