Need Headphone Recommendations
Aug 28, 2014 at 3:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

1haxor

New Head-Fier
I will have to sell my K612s for 90-100 euros and the X1 is 130 euros.
I heard that the X1 has a bigger sound stage which may help in the main game i am playing, tf2 (please correct me if i'm wrong).

OR

Get the ATH M50Xs for 110 euros.

OR

Get ATH Pro 700 for 130

OR

Get HD 598s for 128

PS Would the philips x1 be driven by my supreme fx iii onboard audio without distortion and at good volume levels?

EDIT: I think i may go for the X1s, just need to confirm they are worth the extra 40 euros.

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #6 of 8
Any closed headphone is going to have a smaller soundstage than the K612. Might as well rule them out.

Are you using a sound card with virtual sound for headphones? That would be the next improvement to make.

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #7 of 8
Any closed headphone is going to have a smaller soundstage than the K612. Might as well rule them out.

Are you using a sound card with virtual sound for headphones? That would be the next improvement to make.

No, but i do have razer surround (although i am having some licensing issues).
Which virtual surround would you suggest? (under 30 euros would be nice, link: geizhals.at)

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #8 of 8
I have no experience with Razer Surround.

The Asus Xonar DG (or DGX) is the entry level internal sound card that many people choose that has Dolby Headphone. It might also give you improvement over the motherboard audio in your computer that you have now otherwise (but no guarantee).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back