need headphone recommendations for use with 5.5g iMod/Hornet amp setup...
Aug 11, 2007 at 6:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lolittle

New Head-Fier
Howdy! I just found this site a while back, glad to be here! This is my first post, first thread here, so bear with me...

Here's my situation. I've been into audio since the mid 70s, with a heavy preference for 2 channel. I'm 51, with moderately bad tinnitus in my left ear (worse when I'm tense, listening to good music calms me a lot). I like many types of music, like jazz the most.

I currently have an 8 gig 2g nano that I use Senn PX 100s with. After a few weeks of research here, I've decided to buy a 5.5g 80 gig iMod/Hornet setup. I haven't decided on the dock cable, trying to decide between the ALO Super Cotton or the Cryo X Silver.

That said, what headphones would would you guys suggest? Price, up to $550 or so, is not an issue...

Aug 11, 2007 at 6:51 PM Post #2 of 4
This question should've been posted at headphone section on this forum. Then you'll get plenty advice from audiophiles

Aug 11, 2007 at 7:48 PM Post #3 of 4
This would have been better into the headphone forum indeed, seeing as how you already have everything else planned out.

As for the cable, the cotton is not rugged like the cryo, but it has more transparent sound. But the sound difference will be subtle. You will probably notice any difference only when scrutinizing with IEMs.

With all that being said, welcome to Head-Fi (sorry about your wallet!), and please post your headphone concern in the right forum. Don't forget to mention what kind of music you listen to; every headphone has a different "sound signature."

Aug 11, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This would have been better into the headphone forum indeed, seeing as how you already have everything else planned out.

As for the cable, the cotton is not rugged like the cryo, but it has more transparent sound. But the sound difference will be subtle. You will probably notice any difference only when scrutinizing with IEMs.

With all that being said, welcome to Head-Fi (sorry about your wallet!), and please post your headphone concern in the right forum. Don't forget to mention what kind of music you listen to; every headphone has a different "sound signature."

Thanks for the welcome and the advice on the cable! Would you know how I might contact a moderator to move this thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back