Need headphone extention cable
Mar 20, 2007 at 1:14 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by phaseshift /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now that I have my new Woo amp and K701's I'm finding I need an extention cord for the K701's. Does Radio Shack sell anything good for a quick fix?

I tried a few, including the Radioshack extension cable. To my ears, the RS cable caused a definite loss in the bass region....the sound took on a rather "thin" character. For my money (and yours, too), I would look at the Grado extension cable. I didn't notice any change in sound when using it, which I assume is what you want. Unfortunately, one of my cats kind of chewed it up beyond repair. At a MSRP of $39, it's a good deal.
Hope this helps.
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2007 at 4:58 PM Post #4 of 8
You could also ask a member in the FS forums to make you one. I know cantsleep and [AK]zip make them. You can probably get one at any length you prefer for about $25-30 and it will be very high quality.

Mar 21, 2007 at 5:27 PM Post #6 of 8
I’m in a similar situation, as I’ve just purchased a new pair of K701's and have been using the RS extension chord. Not long ago, a fellow from the Internet built me a set of speaker cables and I was so impressed by the quality of the materials and workmanship that I asked about a custom made, headphone extension. As a result, he built me a 20' extension, using Canare l-4e6 microphone cable and neutrik np3x-b and nj3fc6 connectors, for very reasonable money, less than the prices listed on headphone.com.

His name is Bob and you can contact him at:

derf92@aol.com

Check out the cable and connectors ... highest possible quality. And, you choose whatever length you want.

Good luck with your choices and enjoy your headphones (I know I am)!

John

Mar 22, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #7 of 8
I"ve used Grado and Audio Horizons. I currently use an extension I bought on E-Bay from a guy who makes them with Belden cables and Neutrik connectors. I'm pretty sure he still sells them on e bay. They are the best cable I've used. Usually if you take the extension out the phones sound better but with this one I've not noticed any degradation in sound whatsoever. They are also reasonably priced. This is probably the least expensive part of my pretty hi end stereo/ht system and I am very happy with this cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back