Need Guidance on selecting Headphones
Mar 4, 2012 at 1:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ridfighter

Head-Fier

Hi Everyone, first of all let me say you guys do a great job!! ok here it is, just another guy asking for advice on headphones!! actually i have spent hours on threads posted on this about buying new headphones and i couldnt get the answer i wanted, here is my preference

budget= $300 to $400 (maybe a bit more)
music preference= soft rock/pop/slow/hip hop/80s and 90s basically all kinds of music
I would use my Iphone to hook this up
 I would like to get over the ear(fullsize headphone), i would mostly listen to music and i do want bass and lots of it!! but without compromising sound quality, also if possible noise canceling cause i do tend to travel a bit and also comfortable, I kind of have a idea of good sound quality as i have rotel, paradigm and bowers and wilkins for my home set up and JL, focal and alpine for my car, I would really appreciate it if you guys can recomend me headphones which will suit me and i am sorry for the lenght of this question, i wanted to be specific to my needs, Thanks
L3000.gif

Mar 4, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #2 of 3
I would go Denon D2000 looking at first, but the whole travel isolation thing throws a wrench in the works. XB1000, perhaps, but they're not too detailed and could make some of your genres sound bad.

Mar 4, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #3 of 3

Quote:

Hi Everyone, first of all let me say you guys do a great job!! ok here it is, just another guy asking for advice on headphones!! actually i have spent hours on threads posted on this about buying new headphones and i couldnt get the answer i wanted, here is my preference

budget= $300 to $400 (maybe a bit more)
music preference= soft rock/pop/slow/hip hop/80s and 90s basically all kinds of music
I would use my Iphone to hook this up
 I would like to get over the ear(fullsize headphone), i would mostly listen to music and i do want bass and lots of it!! but without compromising sound quality, also if possible noise canceling cause i do tend to travel a bit and also comfortable, I kind of have a idea of good sound quality as i have rotel, paradigm and bowers and wilkins for my home set up and JL, focal and alpine for my car, I would really appreciate it if you guys can recomend me headphones which will suit me and i am sorry for the lenght of this question, i wanted to be specific to my needs, Thanks
L3000.gif

Denon D5000
M-Audio Q40 with these velour pads.
Beyer DT770 PRO
Ultrasone PRO 750

Run 'em off a Fiio E11.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back