need great headphones for <60$
Feb 7, 2014 at 11:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ccubeice

New Head-Fier
Hello, I currently have the Pioneer SE-M290's and after a year of use, I am completely annoyed with the build quality of this. I did like the sound, since they are the best headphones I've ever had. The earpads are from cloth and they aren't very soft, they barely have any thickness. Also the plastic does a creaky voice where the earcup rotates a little, but its so easy to hear it when you have the headphones on your head (it's the most annoying thing about these). Also my head starts to hurt sometimes from the headband.
So, it's time to move on to new ones. I have a really tight budget because I'm not from the wealthiest family. Doesn't really matter if on-ear or over-ear if they are comfortable, would prefer over-ear though. These would be for home use, and if they look good I'd use them for wearing outside in the summer (this isn't really important!). I mainly listen to electronic music. I have been looking at the following headphones:
Philips CitiScape Downtown
Razer Electra
Sennheiser HD 205 II
Audio-Technica ATH-SJ11
Sennheiser HD 419
Sony MDR-XB600
Superlux HD-681 Evo

Or maybe another option would be to order some kind of AKG leather earpads and hope they fit on my headphones and deal with the creaky plastic and bad headband...
Please, give me advice on which one of these headphones are good(best), and if there could be maybe some other options I should look into. I live in Estonia so not everything is available, but can be ordered. Thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back