Need good sound isolation headphones or headset. Preference for wireless.
Dec 3, 2016 at 12:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

MasterBash

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I need a new pair of headphones, but I live in a noisy environment so I want good noise isolation, passive or active.

I will use them to listen to music, play video games and listen to movies. I listen to any kind of music (mostly rock, rap, pop...)

I prefer to have a wireless set of headphones, but I guess I can do with a wire.

So far I came up with : Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 80Ohm, Logitech G933, Sennheiser Momentum 2, Sennheiser RS 195, Sennheiser HD598 Cs. Unfortunately, only the G933 has a microphone I believe (HD598 Cs does too but I wouldnt use that cable).

What do you guys recommend when it comes to isolation and sound quality? Isolation being the most important. Comfort is somewhat important too, as long as I wont hate wearing them.

Dec 3, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #2 of 6
I've tried Momentum 2 wireless and own Momentum wired and 598cs. Momentum are great out of the box headphones, plug and play, the noise cancelling is absolutely superior no questions and little to none sound leakage even at the highest volumes. 598cs being closed back still leak a bit of sound on higher volumes (in case it's a concern). I find they greatly benefit from a decent dac/amp combo. Momentum make a great on the go headphones, something I can use on public transport, they are small and stylish and the sound is great playing music from my phone. 598cs are much bigger but also much more comfy than Momentum and I chose them for office use plugged into a dac/amp to my computer. Noise canceling and sound leakage on 598cs is nowhere near the momentums but more than suitable to remove any office noise like annoying co-workers and not enough leakage for your desk neighbor to hear anything

Dec 3, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #3 of 6
Thank you!

I can borrow the HD 598 Cs from a friend for me to try. I am wondering though... How does the Momentum 2 Wireless compare to the HD 598 Cs when it comes to comfort and sound quality? Can I expect good soundstage, range and battery life?

Thanks again.

Dec 3, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #4 of 6
Soundstage is good but 598cs is better. Comfort on Momentum 2 is much improved from Momentum 1 but in my opinion 598cs is better. Sound quality is great, I felt 598cs sounded deeper while Momentums were just a tad brighter and livelier. Battery life I believe is something around 20 hours, so more than enough. I think you can also use them without a batter by simply plugging the cord in like wired headphones. Keep in mind wireless headphones will be heavier than wired for obvious reasons. Range is great, phone on the second floor of commercial building, headphones on the first floor still playing (quality will deplete the further away you go). If you plan on traveling with these headphones out of these two I'd say go with Momentums, if it's home/office use only and have a decent dac/amp or plan on buying one I think you will be very happy with 598cs. Hope this helps

Dec 4, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #5 of 6
Thank you, I will definitely keep this in mind.

Anyone else has any experience with some of them? How would the DT770 compare to the 598 Cs when it comes to isolation? What about the Rs 195?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back