Need good portables.. cant use K26Ps anymore
Apr 11, 2006 at 2:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bashot

100+ Head-Fier
I used to love my akg K26Ps for travelling on the train and subway everyday: good bass, excellent isolation, fold-up design. But since its gotten sunny in Canada I've been walking and wearing my sr80s more and now I can't go back to the akgs anymore - way too muddy. Anyone have any recommendations for replacing these heaphones with something that has similar isolation and portability? Please keep in mind I pretty much refuse to wear IEMs...

Apr 11, 2006 at 2:26 AM Post #2 of 5
Apr 11, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #3 of 5
Maybe the ATH-FC7's?

The isolation is good, and I bought them because I was told to get them over the K26 Ps.
tongue.gif

Check them out. I'm extremely satisfied, but that may also be because they're my first headphones over $15.

They're pretty portable too. The pictures online don't do them justice. If you want, I'll upload some that I've taken already.

Apr 11, 2006 at 3:42 AM Post #5 of 5
hey bashot...or basho? :p

I saw the AKG K26P for the first time at the meet on friday, thanks for bringing them in. You were right, the sound quality wasn't the best, but I did like the isolation.

I'm not sure if you got a chance to try the PX100s. They seemed to surprise quite a lot of people at the meet. Portably they are fantastic. They don't leak quite as much as the Grados, but if you're used to the closed design and teh isolation that comes with it, then I guess they won't work. But just thought I'd mention them anyways.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back