Need Good earphones.
Feb 19, 2010 at 10:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

ankit255

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I've been reading a bit on these forums. I'm looking for a decent pair of IEMs for use with my ipod touch. I mainly use mp3 format files but i want something which would give as good sound quality as possible with different formats and genres of music. ALso, the price range should be upto $350.
Is there any way to purchase them online and deliver to dubai? If not, how can i procure them in dubai?
Thanks!
Hope to be
dt880smile.png

Feb 19, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #2 of 19
Can you be more specific? Do you like to "feel" your music with bass, or sit back and enjoy most of the time? Do you want to be isolated from the environment around you or do you like your music to sound really "out of head?"

Sorry for the questions, there are a lot of choices under $350 and this really narrows it down.

Feb 19, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #3 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by semisight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you be more specific? Do you like to "feel" your music with bass, or sit back and enjoy most of the time? Do you want to be isolated from the environment around you or do you like your music to sound really "out of head?"

Sorry for the questions, there are a lot of choices under $350 and this really narrows it down.

Hi, thanks for replying. Yes i want good bass with noise isolation.

Feb 19, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by ankit255 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, thanks for replying. Yes i want good bass with noise isolation.

Sennheiser IE7, IE8, JVC FX700, Turbine Pro, Sony EX700, Shure SE530, UE TF10Pro and CKS 90Pro.........

Feb 19, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #5 of 19
Look at the UM3X, W3, IE8 (though isolation isn't great without decent tips)

Feb 20, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #8 of 19
Thanks for suggestions. Which site is the most reliable for ordering new w3 or ie8 IEMS at lowest price for US? I'll have aramex ship it to me in dubai.
Also what is the approx weight of the packaging of w3 and that of ie8? I really love this site for its helpful members.
EDIT: I listen to hip-hop/metal/rock and even a few country songs...lol

Feb 20, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #9 of 19
Well I mostly get my stuff from Amazon because I can find a good deal, it has a good rep (obviously), and if something happens I can *always* send the stuff back. I asterisked that always because it mostly depends on how the seller does it but most of the time you can get a full refund.

Feb 20, 2010 at 5:31 AM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I mostly get my stuff from Amazon because I can find a good deal, it has a good rep (obviously), and if something happens I can *always* send the stuff back. I asterisked that always because it mostly depends on how the seller does it but most of the time you can get a full refund.

THX.
ALso anyone who bought ie8 or w3 pls tell me whether its heavier than 2KG

Feb 20, 2010 at 8:57 AM Post #12 of 19
I would go for the IE7's as they are the second from the top end IE8's, and more economical but they still retain excellent audio quality, wtih bass, mid's lows and after their burn-in time which makes them better again. I bought them and cannot recommend them enough - they simply blow you away and they are used for my iPod touch / iPhone and laptop.

I listed to movie soundtracks / eminem / rock 'n' roll / etc and these perform amazingly. I also like heavy bass which is naturaly and not artificial - so pure unaltered sound - IE7's rock.

Feb 20, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #13 of 19
Get the IE8, if you get the IE7 you will look back and wonder what you've been missing.

Feb 20, 2010 at 11:11 AM Post #14 of 19
Dont get the se530, wait a couple more month until the se535 comes out. The se530 has a very bad cable issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back