Need Good DJ headphoes for 500$... All help is apreciated.
Apr 9, 2012 at 10:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

DjToxiC

New Head-Fier
Hey guys im looking for good Dj headphones thats worth 400$ - 500$.

I've had the denon hp-1000 for awhile n they just broke one me . I play House/dance/ hip hop/ RnB/ trance etc.. i wanted to get the beats by dre pro but got to know that they are over priced n not worth paying 400$.
                                                                                                                                                     please help me and let me know what are they best dj headphones i can get for my price range.             all help is apreciated.

Apr 9, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #2 of 9

Quote:
Hey guys im looking for good Dj headphones thats worth 400$ - 500$.

I've had the denon hp-1000 for awhile n they just broke one me . I play House/dance/ hip hop/ RnB/ trance etc.. i wanted to get the beats by dre pro but got to know that they are over priced n not worth paying 400$.
                                                                                                                                                     please help me and let me know what are they best dj headphones i can get for my price range.             all help is apreciated.

Pioneer HDJ200 seem to be a popular choice among DJs and are under you budget.

Apr 10, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #3 of 9
Not DJ headphones but the Denon AH-2000D is excellent in all of those genre's , its not extremely good for "detail" required monitoring but its sub bass is second to none. Another non-DJ oriented headphone recommendation would be the AKG 550. Either of these can's make Beat's sound like the garbage they are.

Apr 10, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #4 of 9

Quote:
Not DJ headphones but the Denon AH-2000D is excellent in all of those genre's , its not extremely good for "detail" required monitoring but its sub bass is second to none. Another non-DJ oriented headphone recommendation would be the AKG 550. Either of these can's make Beat's sound like the garbage they are.

The D2000 wouldn't be very good for a DJ environment because they don't isolate very well, so I'd rule those out.

I cannot comment on the AKGs, as I've never heard them.

Apr 11, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #7 of 9
I was a dj for 10 years in my prior life..I've used pretty much all the popular dj headphones on the market. The biggest issue I have with headphones are POS headphones that break. I used to go through headphones once a year. It boggles my mind how long it took me to find a decent pair that could withstand abuse. 

Sony- V500 sounded like crap, broke on me at the hinge
Sony V700- too heavy was not comfortable on my head, too bass heavy 

Pioneer HDJ1000- these were pretty good all around I actually had 2-3 pairs but they would snap at the elbow joint on me

Technics the 1200 with the chrome that looked like the sony v700 was nice but was heavy and uncomfortable
Technics the smaller one- much more comfortable great sound. I loved these headphones but then the cord died on me and the cord wasn't replaceable...

My pick- Sennheiser HD25- these are great little cans. They can take a serious beating, you can replace the parts when they break. They put out a punch midbass, makes beatmatching kick drums easy, although that really isn't an issue for the young whippersnapper generation of djs with beatmatching software these days is it? :) These are really light and comfortable to wear for an extended period of time. Keep in mind, besides not breaking its also important that they are comfortable for you because you will be wearing them for 3-8 hour stretches. Depending how you mix, pull one cup to the side of your head to see how it feels. Or if your'e the type to leave them aroudn your neck and lean your neck down into try that and see how it feels. To me the durable ones were all too heavy. These senns are perfect!!! They feel kinda cheap because its all plastic but once you wear them for a long time you will be thanking yourself. 

Apr 11, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #9 of 9
I agree with punchyness and drum matching, along with very forward sound they are easy pick not only for dj ing but as a portable too.

Just for fun I've twisted their headband for 360 and they were back in default position without any marks
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back