Need Feedback on the BADA PH-12
Feb 12, 2007 at 8:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

spacecoyote

100+ Head-Fier
Thanx to everyone who helped clear up my Lunch Box Querry.
Since I have narrowed the selection I am hoping for one last bit of feedback form all you kind folks.
How would you rate your impressions about the bass response from the BADA PH-12? Maybe a better way to ask this question is, "How do those of you who own a BADA PH-12 like the bass response?" And to furthur push the envelope, for those of you who really experiment, what defininative tube combo gives you the best bass response?
Any and all input is welcome and thanx in advance!

Feb 13, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacecoyote /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanx to everyone who helped clear up my Lunch Box Querry.
Since I have narrowed the selection I am hoping for one last bit of feedback form all you kind folks.
How would you rate your impressions about the bass response from the BADA PH-12? Maybe a better way to ask this question is, "How do those of you who own a BADA PH-12 like the bass response?" And to furthur push the envelope, for those of you who really experiment, what defininative tube combo gives you the best bass response?
Any and all input is welcome and thanx in advance!

I know of one owner of the Bada 12 that uses one Chinese 6SN7 as input and two Ken Rad GT as outputs to get clear sharp detail and strong well defined bass. However, the tone body is slightly too lean for me. I use one Electro Harmonix 6SN7 Gold as input and two Raytheon GT (T plates, or narrow ribbed, not flat or wide ribbed ) as outputs. The bass is still strong enough (but slightly less) and the tone is slightly better for me.

The Doge 6210 has very strong, well defined bass and has lovely timbre and resolution of timbral nuances, with excellent low level resolution, a large soundstage, and great 3-D imaging with black silent space between instruments (with great inner detail).

Because of mosfet problems with the Bada, I now recommend either the Doge or the Jolida JD2a as amps that perform as well as far more expensive amps, and the Doge has slightly stronger bass (the best I have ever heard on headphones).

I just bought some extra Doge amps and a NTA preamp because I heard there may be a price increase on Chinese products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back