Need "example music" with impressive music and quality
May 28, 2011 at 4:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Envyous

New Head-Fier
The story is I am the IT guy in a firm that is thinking of investing in headphones. I need to convince the finance department that the music quality is so much better in a "hi-fi" headset that it is worth the extra cost. I am doing a presentation in 2 days and I am going to demonstrate the sound quality with a Beyerdynamic DT770 headset. The music needs to be in taste for everyone, meaning no "techno" or "black metal". Maybe some light music with guitar play?
TL;DR: Does anyone know about a good song to demonstrate how good music can be in a Beyerdynamic DT770 headset?

May 28, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #3 of 10
Donald Fagan "The Nightfly". Anything on that will do. It's one of the best recorded albums I've ever heard and the music is great too.

May 30, 2011 at 2:16 AM Post #4 of 10
Check out "Tara" by Roxy Music, it's a well-recorded short instrumental or you could check out "Two against nature" by Steely Dan, "Why worry" by The Dire Straits, or "Seasons" and "Guilty pleasure" by Yanni.

I hope this helped, good luck with your presentation!

May 30, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #5 of 10
Maybe Blackfield or Bill Callahan. At least it is very well recorded IMO.

May 30, 2011 at 7:59 AM Post #7 of 10
Ooooh totally slipped my mind, I totally agree with mralexosborn. Either check out the vinyl version or the XRCD version, both are very, very impressive musically and in terms of production and recording.

May 30, 2011 at 8:32 AM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
24/96 vinyl rip of "Hotel California". I dare you not to be impressed. It can be acquired by illegitimate means...just sayin'. 

DCC Gold version....
and
Hotel California on Hell Freezes Over

To add 2 versions.

May 30, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #9 of 10
For DT 770s?

Play some Beats Antique. They have an entire album you can get in FLAC for free here. Great bass, and really awesome for instrument separation. 

EDIT: I'd try some Cello too. Also, I hope if you're trying to convince them a HiFi headset is worth then investment you're using the 600Ohm model...

Jun 1, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #10 of 10
I'm probably coming too late, but from the top of my head :

Talk Talk - Colours of Spring
Parov Stelar - either Seven and Storm or Shine (not the others, they're not very well recorded. These two are quite impressive though, especially Seven and Storm)
Beck - Sea Change (especially the MSFL version)
Diana Krall - Live in Paris
Katie Melua - Collection

All of these are very mainstream and should be easy to listen to for anybody.

My top pick would be Colours of Spring. It is amazingly well recorded and the background is so black I'm always surprised when instruments are coming up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back