Need earpads for Sony MDR 100AAP (UK)
Jan 27, 2017 at 7:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cerb998

New Head-Fier
I've only had my 100AAP for about 3 months and the earpads are still in good condition but I think the padding has softened up a bit (was quite soft to begin with). When I wear them now my ears are slightly pressed and get sore after an hour or so, whereas before they didn't touch the inside of the cans.

Will the bainwavz earpads fit my Sonys? I'd like to try some velour pads. Out of curiousity, is it weird to use their angled pads when the drivers are already angled?

I recently tried the MDR 100ABN in a shop and noticed that the earpads are much firmer, more comfortable, and give my ears more space. If anyone knows where I can get some pads like these it would be perfect :)

Jan 28, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #2 of 4
I think the brainwavz wil fit but I don't know how the pads wil effect the sound .i have a Sony mdr 7506 and I once tried putting brainwavz on them and they sounded horrible so mabey try brainwavz and if it effects the sound in a bad way send them back

Jan 31, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #3 of 4
I ended up getting the brainwavz velour ear pads.

These are a lot bigger than the original 100aap pads. The frames that hold the pad to the headphone have a bit of wobble room inside the pads, and the back of the pads was covering the clips on the frames. I trimmed about 3mm of pleather all around the back of the pads to reveal the clips so they could clip back onto the headphone. With everything back together the pads are held firmly.

My ears have more than enough space from every angle now. The extra thickness adds a bit more clamping which takes some pressure off the top of my head. Also the clamping isn't uncomfortable since the surface area is wider. Overall the headphones are much more comfortable. The only drawback is that they don't look as elegant as they did with the original pads. Quite happy with these pads :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back