Need earbuds with mic for iPhone
Aug 29, 2008 at 8:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

dr13zehn

100+ Head-Fier
I have no clue what to get here. I have been looking at the Etymotic HF2s, but for one, I have the ER-4Ps and I kinda don't want to buy a set of 'phones that are nearly the same as the those. For another, I would very much like earbuds and not IEMs.

The 'phones should have the same features as the stock iPhone buds (just without the crappy sound, heh) like FF, pause and resume. I want good SQ, if the Yuins would come with a mic, that's what I would want, but I realize that's probably a pipedream.
I also don't really want a removable attachment, it should be all one piece.

I really would like some suggestions.

EDIT: If there is no other good choice, I will just have to compromise and get the Yuins with an attachment. Which one of those would be recommended?

Thanks,

Aug 30, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #2 of 10
No ideas at all? Anybody?
frown.gif

Sep 4, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwpowere36m3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could replace just the earbuds, with a higher quality one and retain the cable. On that note, if anyone has a set of apple headsets laying around, PM me thanks.

That actually sounds kinda interesting. I'm not so sure about the stock Apple earbud cable quality.
confused_face(1).gif

xxhotchikxx, you must not have read my post lol.

Sep 4, 2008 at 1:52 PM Post #6 of 10
I've been researching this for over a month and I think your best bet here is the shure mic (or the M-Jays mic) with a quality set of phones.

The other thing you can do is recable your headphones to work with the apple headset.

I want to do this with the denon 751 but no one seems to have done it before.

i called up future sonics and they will wire in the atrio or FS1 to the apple headset. It is expensive but they will do it. The atrio would be $249 and the fs1 would be $129.

But.. here's the catch: no warranty EVEN if they do it.

You can try other custom manufacturers, but you aren't going to get the quality cables.

What I decided to do was go with the shure mic + the denon 751.

Let me know what you think or find. I'd like to recable the denon's to the apple headset, but I don't want to be the first
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 4, 2008 at 1:53 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by xxhotchikxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ety hf2.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone

the etys mic is just huge...i thought about it for me, but didn't want the mic hanging down from my head.

besides, i want more bass than the etys would provide.

Sep 5, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #9 of 10
I haven't made a decision at all yet. I think I may just wait a little while longer. With the iPhone becoming more and more common I think that more manufacturers of good quality 'phones will follow Etymitic's and Shure's example and come out with their own headsets. I just hope that there will be some good quality bud headsets as well.
Yuin, are you reading this?!
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back