Need digital coaxial cable to use HA25d
Jun 22, 2008 at 7:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Fetou

100+ Head-Fier
I'm going to use my X-Fi XtremeMusic as a transfer to the external DAC/Amp HA25d that I ordered.

I am going to obtain a 3.5mm to RCA adapter to allow me to use this cable.

I have the AD2000's and I am hoping that the new Source and Amp will add some bass and high end extension.

I need to know if any cable will work ok for my needs. I am thinking about getting the BestBuy "Rocketfish" cables which are like next to nothing after discount, or maybe those monsters which are pretty cheap after discount as well. It seems that you guys hate these kinds of cables, but honestly tell me the significance of getting different ones.

If I absolutely should get different cables, I am open to suggestions. It would be nice if I could find them in a local retail store. Keep the prices very reasonable and explain differences if possible. Thanks.

What I think I am getting for probably under 10 dollars: Rocketfish™ - 8' Digital Coaxial Cable - RF-G1142

Jun 22, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #2 of 4
i think you need to use the Flex jack , which means you need a mono-rca adapter.

Jun 23, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think you need to use the Flex jack , which means you need a mono-rca adapter.

Yeah I mentioned that in the first post. After I have the adapter though, I do need a cable of this type as far as I know.

Jun 23, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #4 of 4
yes, thats the correct cable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back