Need DAC Advice
Apr 20, 2014 at 3:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Macmuffin

100+ Head-Fier
I am currently using a Schiit Modi, and was wondering if anyone could lend some advice. This is actually my second time owning a Modi. Sold the first one and a few months later ended up with another one 

So anyways, sometimes when using the Modi i feel like the treble can be a bit harsh, and was hoping someone could recommend something different in a similar price range.

Thanks

Apr 20, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #4 of 15
I have heard good things about the Magni. I also use a Modi, and I have some DT-990/600. I haven't noticed harshness in the high end, not that it's not their, I just haven't noticed. Do other headphones/amps still give you harsh highs?

-Snack

Apr 20, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #8 of 15
Oh no, be picky, that's part of the fun! If you don't like it, it doesn't matter if everyone else says it's great. I just don't want you to buy another DAC and still have the issue. Do you have access to some other headphones to try.

-Snack

Apr 20, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #11 of 15
I don't notice it as much with the AD-700. Might have been to quick to blame the DAC.

Hmm, Im going to mess with it more tomorrow, I'm about to pass out at my computer.

Thanks

Apr 20, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #13 of 15
Not to sure at this point..

I still might want to try a different DAC i mean don't get me wrong i love Schiit, but i'm just not to sure. Then again there is LOTS of stuff i would like to try, but i can't afford any of it. haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back