Need consulting on some great cans!
Aug 9, 2008 at 5:37 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by audionewbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how the hell can you not know how to use this site if you managed to register and post.

a bit of searching to find out a rough idea of the likely candidates is a good idea also although not sure i was able to do that when i posted for help.

i did however, not start throwing a tantrum.

So to just clarify, I didnt mean to throw a "tantrum". It was just me frustrated at the time. I wasnt trying to be mean or anything, so sorry about that. Just needed some structure on how to really use the site. Im new to this sorta thing. I just never joined these kind of sites before.

Anyways, this is me wanting to become some what of an audiophile and learning what great headphones are and which ones are not.

Aug 9, 2008 at 5:40 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by DARKHAVEN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let's not beat him up too much, he was confused, over-excited and new. I'm sure he gets the idea now. I know I was confused as hell when I started this crazy odyssey into hi-fi (still am). The old guys need to help the new guys out, that's why this is a community.

Thanks for the support.

So I should stick to closed if I want that bass punch rather that open? Im also looking for comfort as well, cause I work on my computer for hours and need the phones that will be able to handle the job.

Aug 9, 2008 at 5:41 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK! WE HEAR YOU LOUD AND CLEAR...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Calm down (uppercase = shouting), read the replies, and ask again if the replies still don't answer your question.
Welcome to Head-Fi!

Sorry, I didnt mean to be a bit over zealous.

Aug 9, 2008 at 5:48 AM Post #20 of 22
If you want the most bass, closed cans tend to be the way to go (I'm generalizing to give you some information you can take with you). You should definitely check out the Denon AH-D2000, they are undesputedly one of the best reviewed cans on this site in your price range. The other thing I would consider if you want to try open cans is the Sennheiser HD580. You grab them for a steal and then buy the HD650 replacement cables and replace them. That's a super upgrade and it brings them close to the well-loved and much more expensive HD600s. In my opinion, that's what you want to choose between. The open cans will lack a little bass quantity (not necessarily quality) and they will add depth and width of soundstage that is much more "out in the world" then "in your head" (again, I'm generalizing for your edification). As far as comfort is concerned, both the Denons and Sennheisers are extremely comfortable. By the way, if you like bass, stay far away from AKGs.

Aug 9, 2008 at 6:47 AM Post #21 of 22
are the hd595's the updated/upgraded version of hd580?

Aug 9, 2008 at 7:07 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ub3rMario /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are the hd595's the updated/upgraded version of hd580?

Totally different. The HD580s are actually part of the HD600/650 family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back