Need cartridge recommendation for pro-ject TT
Feb 28, 2007 at 10:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Scifiguy

Head-Fier
I am looking to upgrade the cartridge on my Pro-ject debut III turntable and was looking for some recommendations around $150.

I am thinking of a Denon DL-110, but am open to other suggestions....

Also I use a NAD PP2 so either MM or MC will work.

Feb 28, 2007 at 10:48 PM Post #2 of 3
i think the AT440MLa might be worth considering. i got one today and i'm very pleased with it.
its cheaper than the denon (i'm in the uk so i'm not sure how much it is over there - i think amazon were doing a good deal) but its had a lot of good reviews over at audio asylum
it depends what your priorities are, the 440mla is a great tracker with really low surface noise, but i've read that its not as musical as something like a denon 103

Mar 1, 2007 at 11:23 AM Post #3 of 3
SFg: The arm works with a pretty wide variety of cartridges - so, if you are interested in upgradability with better stylus types, I'd recommend to look into Goldring's 10xx series or Ortofon's 5xxII/VinylMaster series of MM carts.

Denon's MCHOs (DL110 & DL160) are also good options, but of course without the option for easy needle replacement/upgrade. Other carts I'd recommend in the range up to US$150 would be the Audio Technica AT120E and AT440ML(a) as well as the Shure M97xE.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back