Need Cans for Movies and Portable Use (sub $100)
Jan 27, 2010 at 3:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ctlaurin

New Head-Fier
I've been browsing around here quite a bit and I've picked up some information. I was first looking for some gaming headphones good with music too, and I got my HD555's for Christmas. So that satiates my need for a good headset for my desktop computer.

But I've been using these Sony MDR-V150's for a while. I bought them at Staples a few years back and I used them for everything besides my desktop. I use them for watching movies late at night on my TV, my Zune when I want to feel like a dork, and my laptop when I'm out and about. They are uncomfortable and they are overall crap.

I've been thinking about getting new, higher quality headphones for this purpose. I listen to electronic (mainly house and chillout [Royksopp]), classic rock, some acoustic stuff and stuff like this. I've been reading around and finding that, for the price, the Grado SR60i's or 60's tend to be a good choice. I'm not looking to overshadow my HD555's too much in terms of price because they'll just be my auxiliary pair.

EDIT: I forgot. I didn't put this in the portable audio section because I'm not a fan of IEM's, canals and the like. I like supra aural or circumaural the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back