Need cables for my RP1 + 640P
Oct 2, 2011 at 12:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Pm@c

500+ Head-Fier
So I just got my Rega RP1 today, and should be getting my CA 640P Monday or Tuesday. I want to be able to listen to it before next weekend, so I need to order some decent cables.

The guy I bought the RP1 from wanted to sell me Nexxtech cables, but ive never heard of them, I was a little weary to buy them.

I heard about a place online that you can order from that the guy makes them himself and ships them, but would I be able to get those done and shipped to me in Canada in less than a week?

I also need a little advice on what cables I actually need.

I have the red and black audio coming straight out of the TT. It obviously connects to the 640P, and then from there I dont know where I am supposed to connect to.

I am going to be using DT770's to listen, and so I probably need some sort of headphone amp I would assume.

I currently listen to music on my PC with a Xonar Essence STX sound card, which does have line in.

I was wondering if I should (and if I could) use the line in on my Xonar to plug in from the 640p, and then use the headphone jack on the Xonar to listen through my headphones. 

Basically my questions are: A) Is that possible, will it work? B) Is it advisable? Am I better off investing in a good headphone amp and connecting directly to it instead of through my PC's sound card?

I'll be going RP1 >> 640P >> Xonar >> DT770's. 

I figured that way I could still hear PC sounds (like when I voice chat or play games on my PC) but still also hear the TT music. Or would I have to switch the Xonar input such that I would only hear the TT?

If I can use this method, what cables would you guys suggest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back