Need buying advice...
Nov 17, 2018 at 10:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

lolmax10

New Head-Fier
I want to buy a new pair of headphones/IEMS for Christmas and have been looking at the Sony wh1000xm3's and the FiiO FH5 IEM. From where I'm from, they are pretty close in price and availability. I just want to know if sound cancellation is worth it over what might be better sound quality, or if you would be able to compare the two and give me some direction. right now, I'm focused on sound quality, something that sounds very neutral and doesn't have excessive bass and doesn't end up being painful to listen to at high volumes. Thanks

Nov 19, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #4 of 5
Hi @lolmax10,

Tricky to compare a headphhone vs an IEM but if you're after sound quality & best value for money NC aside, 1000 X M3 is very good value.

Hope you have a great day !

Nov 20, 2018 at 1:54 AM Post #5 of 5
Active Noise Canceling pretty much always degrades sound quality fairly markedly--by definition. Therefore, if optimising sound quality is the goal, staying away from ANC is probably a good plan. If, on the other hand passive noise canceling is of interest, then a good IEM could do the trick. Something like an FH5 could work for you..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back