need budget pcdp with line out
Nov 17, 2004 at 4:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

uzziah

Headphoneus Supremus
looking for a good pcdp to connect via line out to headsave govibe and koss portapros (soon to be grado sr60 and ety er4s)

i just need a basic pcdp, no fancy features or mp3 needed. i will be "transporting" it, but i think i'll be moving around too much for a classic pcdp. used is good. if i could get a few reccomendations, i'll take my time, scour ebay etc. and get a good deal.

Nov 17, 2004 at 2:32 PM Post #2 of 8
I think panasonic CT-SL570 is one of the best choice.

If you don't use Line-out jack, sony D-ej915(990) can be a nice choice,too.

There's many good rigs in old-fashioned sony PCDP(except their Shock Protection is SUCK)

...Of course, there can be other good choices.
rolleyes.gif

Nov 19, 2004 at 12:32 AM Post #4 of 8
sorry to butt in, but im also in search of a good pcdp that is not expensive. my prob is i cant buy on the net cause i dont have a credit card.

here's what i see in our local store:

Sony EJ761 - $87 USD
Sony NF400 - $107 USD
Sony NE300 - $101 USD
Sony NE511 - $101 USD
Sony EJ100 - $78 USD

Panasonic CT490 - $60 USD

which one of them can you recommend? line out is nice but for now i can live without.

Nov 19, 2004 at 3:59 AM Post #5 of 8
Can you use eBay and PayPal?

Don't know about the others you listed, but I have a NE300 and I feel it's pretty adequate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rapsabogsa
sorry to butt in, but im also in search of a good pcdp that is not expensive. my prob is i cant buy on the net cause i dont have a credit card.

here's what i see in our local store:

Sony EJ761 - $87 USD
Sony NF400 - $107 USD
Sony NE300 - $101 USD
Sony NE511 - $101 USD
Sony EJ100 - $78 USD

Panasonic CT490 - $60 USD

which one of them can you recommend? line out is nice but for now i can live without.

Nov 19, 2004 at 7:26 AM Post #6 of 8
Cant buy online, can probably order using money order payment but dont want the hasslle I'll be going thru. Its not that easy here and have different currency. So I scout stores/mall in our area and look for different sony players.

Anyways, Ive made my own THREAD. Sorry for the author of this topic. Guys please help the author and stay on topic. Sorry again.

Nov 19, 2004 at 7:29 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by rapsabogsa
Cant buy online, can probably order using money order payment but dont want the hasslle I'll be going thru. Its not that easy here and have different currency. So I scout stores/mall in our area and look for different sony players.

Anyways, Ive made my own THREAD. Sorry for the author of this topic. Guys please help the author and stay on topic. Sorry again.

don't sweat it. we're looking for the same sort of thing
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 25, 2004 at 6:58 AM Post #8 of 8
hi uzziah. im currently using a sony d-e705 (actuall d-e700, but its the same). Just had it repaired from Sony service center. SQ is good and headjack output is loud. I downloaded the manual and it says there 15mW. Im pretty happy at the moment. But im still looking for a good pcdp because I just loaned this player from a friend but it was broken. So I just thought its worth to revive it for $35 and I was right. Not portable though but transportable, cause it skips sometimes even for a slight touch.

Have you read topics about D-EJ100? It was reviewed in Stereophile mag. I think this is the one Im getting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back