need budget headphones <30
Jan 2, 2008 at 11:10 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know how the OVC sound but the EP630 sounds very muddy, over-bassy.

I disagree, if you eq it right, it sounds really good because of its lower power to drive these things. Thats why ive kept it all along with the yp-z5 and returned/sold the X3, vibes (ovc t25), marshmallows(because of its lack of comfort) and is way better than my $40 mx400. I do consider myself a bass head but on the other side, I care about the overall listening experience and the entire spectrum of sound frequency. They might sound like car subwoofers but thats the way I like my music. Probably Lil' Knight is a classical music listener. It really depends.

Its whatever that makes you happy. For me it includes comfort as well.

Jan 2, 2008 at 11:41 AM Post #17 of 23
Jan 2, 2008 at 11:57 AM Post #18 of 23
ummmm the op seems happy with the quality of the zune buds, so i'd say the ep630's would suit u quite well.

guys try not to poison him and his wallet, hahahaha jk.

in all seriousness the ep630's for the everyday listener sound quite nice with strong bass, thats at least not as muddy as ex71's

Jan 2, 2008 at 1:14 PM Post #19 of 23
OVC TC20s sound quite clean, and you might need EQ if you want more bass out of them. They respond the EQ well. For more punchy lows, the Marshmallows might be a better choice for your music likings. Both are quite well made IMO and can use some abuse.

I murdered my one-week old Marshmallows while performing a mod, and have yet to know if there's anything sounding nearly as good in that price range.

That said, I still think you could lay your hands on a pair of KSC75s ...

Jan 2, 2008 at 1:17 PM Post #20 of 23
I have the OVC TC-20, MylarOne X3, MylarOne X3i, JVC Marshmallow, and UE Metro.fi 2.

The Crossroads MylarOne X3i are my favorite. I have only had them 2 months though and the cable is splitting. $57 shipped

Jaben.net

The OVC TC-20 sound thin and the build quality is just as bad.

The JVC Marshmallows are very cheap and sound OK (better after some mods). $12.15 Shipped (if you spend over $25).

JVC HAFX33B

The UE Metro.fi 2's are very similar to the X3i. They are a little bass heavy, which would be good for rap. THEY ARE SOLID. You will not break these. They are not bulky like the Super.fi series and do not go over the ear either. I would spend an extra $20 and buy a great pair that will last. $49.99 shipped

UE Metro.fi 2

Jan 2, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #21 of 23
thanks the metro fis look nice and i will definantly look ito those when i have to get new headphones

as for now i think ill get the ep630's because of the 10$ deal at dell

thanks for all of your help

Jan 2, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the OVC TC-20, MylarOne X3, MylarOne X3i, JVC Marshmallow, and UE Metro.fi 2.

The Crossroads MylarOne X3i are my favorite. I have only had them 2 months though and the cable is splitting. $57 shipped

Jaben.net

The OVC TC-20 sound thin and the build quality is just as bad.

The JVC Marshmallows are very cheap and sound OK (better after some mods). $12.15 Shipped (if you spend over $25).

JVC HAFX33B

The UE Metro.fi 2's are very similar to the X3i. They are a little bass heavy, which would be good for rap. THEY ARE SOLID. You will not break these. They are not bulky like the Super.fi series and do not go over the ear either. I would spend an extra $20 and buy a great pair that will last. $49.99 shipped

UE Metro.fi 2

Haha, nice posting style DKaz
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back