need AUDEZE Headphone cable for my setup !
Jan 18, 2022 at 12:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

s8n

New Head-Fier
hi members , I am looking to upgrade my audio setup cable wise. I currently have the below

Silver Dragon USB > REGA DAC > Blue Jeans interconnects > Denon Receiver > stock Audeze LCD2C headphones/cable

I'm looking at getting the below.....BTW I am after a warm sound signature.

Black Dragon USB
Black Dragon interconnects

OK the Black Dragon Audeze headphone cable suits my setup but I had the Silver headphone cable for my Sennheiser 650s and they failed in about 9 months. The Ground wire was OK but the inner wire had snapped. So I am looking for another brand that is more robust and has the same signature as Black Dragons

Jan 19, 2022 at 3:36 PM Post #2 of 6
Jan 19, 2022 at 6:34 PM Post #3 of 6
Jan 19, 2022 at 6:52 PM Post #4 of 6
If you are looking for interconnects with a warm sound signature, I would recommend Morrow Audio Cables if you are on a budget (he often runs pretty big sales and has a generous return policy) or Triode Wire Labs, which are more expensive but not quite insanely priced. I don't know much about Moon Audio interconnects or digital cables, though, as Moon Audio is best known for replacement headphone and IEM cables.

Feb 22, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #6 of 6
In terms of the silver headphone cables, if you are handy with a soldereing Iron, why don't you just fix them? The damage to your current ones is 95% likeley to have been on one or the other end, you can probably even tell where it's been damaged. New connectors aren't much, and if you buy heat shrink in severeal sizes, you can build a good strain relief into the cable. I just converted a Silver Dragon cable from 1/4" jack to balanced 4 pin xlr, and sennheiser connectors to min 4 pin XLR's for my ZMF's. Works great!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back