Need assistance choosing betwen audioengine p4 and the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1
Feb 24, 2014 at 1:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lurifix

New Head-Fier
So yes. im looking to branch out to speakers, its a shame my 1540's cant follow me around the apartment but what can you do!

So im currently looking at these 2 speakers the p4 and the diamond 9.1, I will have to get a new amp for this as well since I cant run them off my magni.
If I grab the p4 I will probably get the n22 as well but im abit stooped regarding a nice amp for the diamonds, maybe a Emotiva MiniX-100?

Any feedback is appreciated I had very little luck finding any comparisons for these two speakers.

Feb 24, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #2 of 4
The Audioengine P4s are passive Audioengine speakers designed to sell to Audioengine fans. There's a whole world of passive speakers out there to consider. In addition to Wharfedales, you might also look at Pioneer Andrew Jones speakers, Cambridge Audio S30, EMP Tek, Ascend Acoustics, Arx, and Wave Crest Audio.

The Emotiva mini x is clearly the better of the two amps and would be suitable for any speakers you could buy in this budget range.

Feb 24, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #4 of 4
They represent a range of prices, and are all good price performance values for their particular price points, with the more expensive offering a little bit better SQ over the cheaper ones. So figure out what best suit your needs in terms of what you are willing to spend, first.

BTW: Wharfedales also fit in that list, too. You might also look into the Diamond 10.1s, which are the upgraded model over the 9.1s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back