Need an upgrade from HD201's.
Jan 11, 2009 at 9:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

khanis

New Head-Fier
My HD201's recently died.. the left earpiece isn't working.
The sound was fine, but I want something a bit better. I unfortunately only have integrated sound, so high end headphones are out of the question. I want something that fits similarly to the HD201's (circumaural). Size is not a factor.
Budget: 30-100 USD.
Which would you recommend?

Jan 11, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #2 of 13
Goldrings. The DR-50 is £25 over here so it should be well within your budget. The DR-100 is a few quid more and you get a slightly different look and velour earpads instead of pleather, same drivers though.

I've heard all three, the Goldrings will be a nice step up in comfort and quality and they are happily driven from light amplification.

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #7 of 13
Goldrings are available at Needle Doctor, I would also suggest Audio-Technica ATH-AD500/700 $74.99/$105.54@Amazon. Good Luck.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you need the headphones to be good at not leaking sound out so as to not bother others near by?

What kind of music? Also for gaming and movies?

All sorts of music.. ranges from indian music to rock.

Gaming, yes, definitely. I don't mind if they leak sound.. not really a factor for me.
Thanks for your suggestion, Headphile. I'll check them out.

Jan 12, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #10 of 13
I have some quick sound advice for you newbee, get the next up HD202's and run from this place as fast as you can. It's so refreshing to read a newbee coming in with a nice cheap yet great sounding can and simply wanting the next best thing. No MODs, No Cables, No Amps. Just plain cheap fun. Believe it or not, up until early September of just this past year the most expensive Can I owned was The HD 202's and I've bought and sold 7 headphones since ranging from 200-1,000 retail so I hope you can get away without catching "Bug" Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back