Need an upgrade from end-game RSA Darkstar
Sep 26, 2023 at 3:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

FrankFHuang

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, guys

It's been quite a while since I looked at anything Hi-Fi, so, forgive me if I sound like I've been living under a stone. I've been very pleased with my setup, consisting an RSA Darkstar, paired with Northstar Supremo and CD192 (end-game setup back in the 2010s). But I recently decided to retire my 7-year-old HD800s and switch to a pair of AT-ADX5000, which is also 4 years old. I think the RSA is a bit too rough for it. I also use a pair of Yamaha HS8 as computer speakers, but since the Darkstar doesn't have a pre-out, I had to get a passive preamp for volume control. So, I'm looking for an upgrade/replacement for the Darkstar, and here are my requirements, thank you all in advance:
1. Price: 2000 - 3000 USD
2. Pairs well with ADX5000 and other audio-technicas (old stuff like A10ANV, W10VTG, AD10, and new stuff like AWAG). I have a pair of HE6SE, which the Darkstar drives exceptionally, but it's impossible for one AMP to do it all.
3. Has XLR balanced out, pre-out strongly preferred, line-out is OK.

Thanks again.

Sep 26, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #2 of 3
CFA3

Sep 26, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #3 of 3
I believe I've actually listened on it during CAMJAM Chicago earlier this year. So I kinda lied when I said I've been living under a rock. But I wasn't looking for anything back then, so I didn't pay attention. Also they where using Susvara as demo, which is quite different from what I have. Thanks for the advise, will keep an eye on it when it comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back