Need an opinion about this products for gaming
Dec 3, 2015 at 5:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Aliv3

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, recently i bought a xbox one and i need an audio setup for it.

I did some research and i found a list of devices that i think it will do the work:
For amplifiers i have these options i found the asus u7 and the creative sound blaster x7

On the departement of headphones, i looked for these: Sennheiser game zero, beyerdynamic mmx 300 n beyerdynamic dt990 pro

I'm looking for a setup that can reproduce high quality music and gaming experience, in terms of mic is important but not relevant.
I would like you guys to give me some opinions and advice about this.

Best regards,

Dec 4, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #2 of 5
Did you have an over all budget?

Dec 4, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #4 of 5
So depending on what your priorities are the creative external card is better for gaming and movies because of its better 3d sound capabilities. It also has a lot more features. I trust asus more for music as they have really put a lot of work in that area.. along with multi channel AV output. But creatives 3d headphone tech is the best there is.. even vs the new dolby stuff. 

The Game Zero and MMX 300 are each very good I would also look at the AudioTechinca ATHAG1.

As far as DT990s go that is a whole different route and more complicated because of the particularity of that headphones sound signature. It really needs to be paired to the right AMP to get the most out of it. And not an OPAMP on a sound card.

Dec 4, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #5 of 5
Hello, recently i bought a xBox one and i need an audio setup for it.

I did some research and i found a list of devices that i think it will do the work:
For amplifiers i have these options i found the asus u7 and the creative sound blaster x7

On the department of headphones, i looked for these: Sennheiser game zero, Beyerdynamic mmx 300 n beyerdynamic dt990 pro

I'm looking for a setup that can reproduce high quality music and gaming experience, in terms of mic is important but not relevant.
I would like you guys to give me some opinions and advice about this.

For a gaming console, I would say to just get an Astro Mix-amp and Sennheiser HD558 headphones.
Astro Mix-amp might not win any awards for audio quality and it might be better to source music from a different source, besides a gaming console.

I do not think the Asus Xonar U7 works with gaming consoles, just Windows PCs and the Creative Labs X7 might be a little overkill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back