Need an IEM or regular earbuds to replace my grado SR60
Sep 22, 2007 at 1:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sk007

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, y'all

I need help for choosing an IEM (preferred) or regular earbuds to replace my SR60. I really like the sound of SR60 for my music collection, but since it is really not portable, I have to find a portable replacement that has very similar sound signature with the SR60. My budget is ~$100, but if you really think it's worth the extra money for the sound quality or maybe comfort, you can recommend me something up to $200.

Thank you very much.

Sep 22, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #2 of 5
Considering an amp? If not, read up on the Yuin PK2s ($69). If so, the PK1s are great. Both are ear buds, not IEMs or canal phones. The latter are $129, so you may opt for the former because they don't need an amp and people rave about them. I'm a big Yuin PK fan, obviously.

While not a Grado-sounding IEM, I also favor the Atrio M5 IEM. Plenty to read about it here on head-fi. Great, quality bass. Mids and highs are fine too, but bass rules.

Sep 22, 2007 at 4:44 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the replies. I am not planning to carry an amp around, so I think I will go with PK2.

Actually I noticed this Yuin PK2 too, but I don't know where to buy here in the states. I'm going back to China for the holiday this December, so maybe I will pick up a pair then. But if anyone knows where to buy PK2 here in the states, please let me know coz I really need a pair soon. I realize that there's a thread for PK3 group buy, but is there any for PK2? Or should I open a PK2 group buy thread myself? coz I figured if there are enough people want to buy these, then I will just have some friend ship them from China so that way shipping won't be that bad per pair. Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back